This Smokey BBQ Chicken Pizza is the ultimate quick pizza recipe that’s absolutely bursting with flavour. Say goodbye to your usual takeaway pizza and tuck in to this mouthwatering homemade version!
This sponsored post is made in collaboration with the amazing jackdanielsbbqsauces.com! As always, these opinions are strictly my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I love!
For those of you who are new here, each week I send out a weekly roundup with the chance to vote each week on what recipe you’d love to see made. This week’s winner – BBQ Chicken Pizza. Hooray! But wait, there’s more.. Just at the time of tallying up the winning vote, I found out I got the opportunity to work with Jack Daniel’s® on their Barbecue sauce range (which just so happens to be my fave BBQ sauce, like ever). You see where this is going.. Don’t you just love it when a plan comes together?
The Jack Daniel’s® Barbecue Sauce Range actually opens doors to so much creativity you never knew was possible. First of all, their sauces go with literally any meat (trust me, I’ve eaten my way to that conclusion). I’m talking wings, pulled pork, ribs, steak the lot. But they also work great with things like BBQ’d corn on the cob, grilled cauliflower and dowsed in a pot of beans.
A good dollop of any one of their barbecue sauce range is gonna work wonders this BBQ season. They’ve got a gorgeously silky, sweet and smokey taste to them. Plus that classic tangy Jack Daniel’s® taste is just to die for.
But for me, for now, for this hungry belly, it’s BBQ chicken pizza time.
And just like a tribute volunteer from The Hunger Games, my sauce of choice presented itself.
Full Flavor Smokey, personal fave of mine.
And let me tell you, this sauce is made for pizza. In more ways than one as well..
How to incorporate BBQ sauce into a pizza
- Base – Use the sauce as a base for the pizza before adding your cheese ‘n’ toppings.
- Chicken – Coat your chicken in BBQ sauce then add on top.
- Drizzle – Drizzle a little BBQ sauce over the pizza before it goes in the oven. This way it goes gorgeously sticky after it’s cooked.
- Dip – Simply use the BBQ sauce as a dip for any pizza!
Heck, do all 4 if you fancy! This time round I used it as the base. And when I say ‘used’ I mean poured as I drooled uncontrollably.
So, ‘smokey’ BBQ chicken pizza you say? Yup! Lemme break that down real quick…
How to make a smokey BBQ chicken pizza ‘smokey’
- Use Jack Daniel’s® Full Flavour Smokey BBQ Sauce.
- Use a smoked cheese. Here I use Applewood Smoked Cheddar.
- Coat your chicken in smoked paprika before you cook it.
As with all pizzas, it’s truly down to preference what you add. But for me here are the stars of the show for a chicken based pizza:
Chicken pizza topping combinations
- BBQ sauce
- Red/Yellow Peppers
- Red Onion
Simple yet delicious!
Last but not least, what’s a homemade BBQ pizza without some homemade sides?
What to serve with pizza
For me it’s always gotta be sour cream and chive dip 🤤
And there we have it folks! My easy peasy Smokey BBQ Chicken Pizza. Be sure to check out the full range of Jack Daniel’s® Barbecue Sauces which just so happen to be available nationwide at Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Asda and Waitrose! Also let me know which one is you fave in the comments below 🙂 But for now let’s tuck into the recipe shall we?
Join the foodie family! – Get awesome recipes sent straight to your inbox by signing up to my Weekly Mailing List (where you’ll receive your FREE ECOOKBOOK) and stay in touch on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! 🧡
How to make a Smokey BBQ Chicken Pizza (Full Recipe)
Smokey BBQ Chicken Pizza
Ingredients (check list):
- 10oz / 280g Pizza Dough at room temp (+ dusting of flour as needed)
- 1/3 cup / 80g Jack Daniel’s® Full Flavor Smokey BBQ Sauce (plus extra for serving if desired)
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt, Black Pepper & Olive Oil
- 1 cup / 100g Applewood Smoked Cheddar (or other smokey cheese)
- 3.5oz / 100g Low-moisture Mozzarella, sliced into rounds
- 1/4 small Red Pepper (bell pepper/capsicum) thinly sliced
- 1/4 small Yellow Pepper (bell pepper/capsicum) thinly sliced
- 1/4 small Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- Pickled Jalapeno Slices, to preference
- Preheat oven to 230c/450f.
- Slice your chicken breast as if you were going to butterfly it, creating two equal sized breasts. Coat in your seasoning and fry over high heat in a little olive oil, flipping once when it begins to char. Place to one side and allow to rest. Slice just before needed.
- Roll out your pizza dough to around 10"-12", using flour to prevent sticking.
- Spread over you BBQ sauce, leaving a gap around the edge. Add your smoked cheddar, then evenly spread out the rest of your ingredients. Top with oregano.
- Place in the oven for 15mins or until a deep golden colour. Drizzle extra BBQ sauce as desired!
For the perfect BBQ Chicken Pizza side dish check out my Crispy Oven Baked Potato Wedges!