These Shredded Buffalo Chicken Wraps are the ultimate no-fuss lunch! They’re also a perfect opportunity to use up some leftovers you’ve got knocking about in the fridge. Made with a homemade buffalo sauce, these wraps couldn’t be any more delicious if they tried!
No seriously you guys, these are freaking good. Not just another soggy overrated wrap, they’re constructed to perfection, bringing you the best dang wrap you’ll ever taste.
Has anyone noticed I’m getting more and more dramatic as the recipes go by? Yeah I thought so too. Any who, let’s see what all the drama is about shall we!?
How to make Shredded Buffalo Chicken
Right at the heart of this recipe is the buffalo chicken, which couldn’t be more simple to make. Sure, you could go grab yourself some ready-made buffalo sauce, but where’s the fun in that?
For my homemade buffalo sauce, here’s what you’ll need:
- Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Worcestershire Sauce
To be honest if you strip it right back, the essentials of a homemade buffalo sauce are just butter and hot sauce. Some recipes add in vinegar but personally I think it works perfectly without. Each to their own!
Once you’ve got your sauce, grab yourself some shredded chicken and let those two beautiful worlds collide.
No rotisserie chicken on hand? No worries. You can definitely still cook up some chicken and do some DIY. I’ve added a section in the recipe notes on the best way to make moist shredded chicken.
So you’ve got your buffalo chicken (if you haven’t face planted and eaten it all already) but what kind of buffalo chicken is complete with out blue cheese in some way shape or form?
Yup, it’s blue cheese dip time. And again, it’s all about the homemade recipe.
Shredded buffalo chicken – check.
Blue cheese dip – check.
Let’s chuck it in a wrap shall we?
Constructing the perfect Buffalo Chicken Wrap
I love a lettuce, cabbage, carrot combo. I think it really works, especially in the context of buffalo chicken. It offers the perfect amount of colour, crunch and flavour whilst still allowing the chicken to champion the wrap.
I find things such as tomatoes and cucumber a little distracting. Plus they’re annoying when you’re trying to perfectly fold the wrap. Plus plus they’ve got pretty high water contents, which alongside the buffalo chicken and blue cheese sauce could turns things a little sloppy!
But either way, stick with a flour tortilla and keep the salad:chicken ratio under control and you’ll be fine.
And there we have it! A beautiful shredded buffalo chicken wrap just waiting to bless your tastebuds!
Perfect for a quick lunch and such a great way to use up that leftover chicken you’ve got knocking about in the fridge!
But you know what, it’s so worth making your own shredded chicken, or even going out to buy it especially for this recipe.
Join the foodie family! – Get awesome recipes sent straight to your inbox by signing up to my Weekly Mailing List (where you’ll receive your FREE ECOOKBOOK) and stay in touch on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! 🧡
How to make Shredded Buffalo Chicken Wraps (Full Recipe & Video)
Shredded Buffalo Chicken Wraps
Ingredients (check list):
- 2 packed cups (300-400g) Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 4 medium Flour Tortilla Wraps
- 1 large Carrot, peeled & grated
- 1/4 of whole Iceberg Lettuce, finely shredded
- 1/4 of whole Red Cabbage, finely shredded
- 4 tbsp Blue Cheese Sauce
- 1/2 cup / 125ml Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 tsp Sugar, or to taste
- few drops of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt, to taste
- Add your hot sauce and butter in a suitably sized pot. Melt over low-medium heat, stirring to bend. Add your Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and salt. As soon as it's blended take it off the heat.
- Slowly combine your buffalo sauce and chicken in a suitably sized bowl until desired sauciness.
- Build your wrap by starting with lettuce, top with carrot, then cabbage, followed by buffalo chicken and finish with blue cheese sauce.
- Fold, slice in half and enjoy!
Quick 1 min demo!
- Heat a little oil in a deep pan, fry each side of the chicken on high just to get some colour.
- Pour in enough water (or chicken stock) to cover the chicken, place a lid on top and poach on a simmer until the centre is no longer pink. The chicken temp should reach 165f/74c on a thermometer. Depending on size this should take between 8-12 minutes.
- Place in a bowl and with two forks, shred to desired texture. c) Buffalo Sauce - Most supermarkets/grocery stores with sell Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce so you shouldn't have a problem finding it. With the same token, they should sell Original Buffalo Sauce so feel free to use that if you aren't keen on making it homemade. You can sub with other hot sauce brands, such as Sriracha or Tabasco, but the flavour may change considerably. d) Hot or Cold - These wraps are delicious with hot or cold buffalo chicken. For a cold filling, simply allow the sauce to cool before adding it to the chicken. For hot, add the chicken into the buffalo sauce whilst it's on the hob and heat thoroughly. e) Sauciness - Personally I love my wraps drowned in both buffalo and blue cheese Sauce. However, to control the sauce content simply add the buffalo sauce little by little into the chicken and stop at desired texture. It's much easier to add more than take it out! At the same time feel free to alter the amount of blue cheese sauce too.
For the perfect side to these wraps, check out my truly crispy Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries!