These Shredded Buffalo Chicken Wraps are the ultimate no-fuss lunch! They’re also a perfect opportunity to use up some leftovers you’ve got knocking about in the fridge. Made with a homemade buffalo sauce, these wraps couldn’t be any more delicious if they tried!
Buffalo Chicken Wraps
Buffalo chicken really does make the world go round doesn’t it? Perfect in so many different forms, but today we’re talking wraps. Here’s why you’re going to LOVE them:
- Lunch – Perfect for a tasty lunch or brunch.
- Hot or Cold – Enjoy them cold or hot ‘n’ toasty!
- Chicken – Ideal for using leftover rotisserie chicken.
Homemade Buffalo Chicken
For this recipe I do use a homemade buffalo sauce, but feel free to use store bought if that is more convenient for you. In such case I recommend Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce. Cooked shredded chicken works perfect for this recipe, but I’ve added a section in the recipe notes on how to shred fresh chicken.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Wrap
I love a lettuce, cabbage, carrot combo. I think it really works, especially in the context of buffalo chicken. It offers the perfect amount of colour, crunch and flavour whilst still allowing the chicken to champion the wrap.
I find things such as tomatoes and cucumber a little distracting. Plus they’re annoying when you’re trying to perfectly fold the wrap. Plus plus they’ve got pretty high water contents, which alongside the buffalo chicken and blue cheese sauce could turns things a little sloppy!
But either way, stick with a flour tortilla and keep the salad:chicken ratio under control and you’ll be fine.
How to construct a Buffalo Chicken Wrap (quick summary)
- Lay out wrap and add lettuce in the bottom centre.
- Top with carrot.
- Sprinkle over cabbage.
- Add buffalo chicken.
- Drizzle blue cheese sauce.
- Fold over bottom, fold in sides and tightly roll.
How to Serve Buffalo Chicken Wraps
Can I make buffalo chicken wraps ahead of time?
Personally I like making wraps fresh. Especially these as they are quite saucy (buffalo sauce/blue cheese sauce) the veg & wrap tends to go soggy if made in advance. If you want to get ahead of the game you can still make the blue cheese sauce and combine chicken with buffalo sauce and cover/store over night in the fridge.
Do I serve Buffalo Chicken Wraps Cold or Hot?
Either! If you want warm wraps, I recommend heating up the buffalo sauce and stirring through the chicken. You can also toast the wraps on a griddle pan after!
What to serve with Buffalo Chicken Wraps?
And there we have it! A beautiful shredded buffalo chicken wrap just waiting to bless your tastebuds. Perfect for a quick lunch and such a great way to use up that leftover chicken you’ve got knocking about in the fridge.
If you’re looking for similar recipes then do check out these beauties:
Buffalo Chicken Recipes: Buffalo Chicken Meatballs (stuffed with blue cheese) | Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese | Buffalo Chicken Crunchwraps
Okay, let’s tuck into the full buffalo chicken wrap recipe!
How to make Buffalo Chicken Wraps (Full Recipe & Video)
Shredded Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- Medium Bowl (and two forks to shred chicken if haven't already)
- Spatula or Spoon
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
- Box Grater
Ingredients (check list):
- 2 packed cups (~300g) Cooked Shredded Chicken (see notes)
- 1/2 cup / 125ml Buffalo Sauce, or as needed (see notes)
- 4x 10" Flour Tortilla Wraps
- 4 tbsp Blue Cheese Sauce
- 1 large Carrot, peeled & grated (squeeze out moisture if necessary)
- 1/4 of whole Iceberg Lettuce, finely shredded
- 1/4 of whole Red Cabbage, finely shredded
- In a medium sized bowl, combine 2 packed cups (~300g) shredded chicken with 1/2cup/125ml buffalo sauce. I recommend working in the sauce bit by bit so it doesn't end up drowned. You most likely won't use all the sauce.
- Lay out your wraps and in the bottom centre stack in this order: lettuce, carrot, cabbage, buffalo chicken, blue cheese sauce.
- Fold over the bottom of the wrap to cover the filling. Fold in the sides and tightly roll into a mini burrito/wrap. Enjoy!
Quick 1 min demo!
- Heat a little oil in a deep pan, fry each side of the chicken on high just to get some colour.
- Pour in enough water (or chicken stock) to cover the chicken, place a lid on top and poach on a simmer until the centre is no longer pink. The chicken temp should reach 165f/74c on a thermometer. Depending on size this should take between 8-12 minutes.
- Place in a bowl and with two forks, shred to desired texture. b) Buffalo Sauce - Most supermarkets/grocery stores will sell Original Buffalo Sauce so feel free to use that if you aren't keen on making it homemade. c) Hot or Cold - These wraps are delicious with hot or cold buffalo chicken. For a cold filling, simply allow the sauce to cool before adding it to the chicken. For hot, heat up the buffalo sauce in a pan and stir through the chicken to heat it through. You can also char the outside of the wrap on a griddle pan if you wish! d) Sauciness - Personally I love my wraps drowned in both buffalo and blue cheese Sauce. However, to control the sauce content simply add the buffalo sauce little by little into the chicken and stop at desired texture. It's much easier to add more than take it out! At the same time feel free to alter the amount of blue cheese sauce too. e) Calories - per wrap assuming all the sauce is used and shared between 4.
If you loved these Shredded Buffalo Chicken Wraps then be sure to Pin them for later! Already made it or got a question? Let me know in the comments below and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!