A homemade buffalo sauce truly couldn’t be easier to make. Some cupboard staples and a few spare minutes is all you need!
Homemade Buffalo Sauce
The base of your buffalo sauce is going to be hot sauce. I highly recommend using Frank’s Original Hot Sauce. It’s got that classic taste – slightly tangy, very spicy and just all round addictive. You can use other hot sauces, but honestly i’ve never gone beyond Frank’s, so can’t guarantee the deliciousness.
From there, all you need is 5 other ingredients.
Buffalo Sauce Ingredients
- Garlic Powder
- Hot Sauce
- Unsalted Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Worcestershire Sauce
There are many recipes out there that just use a combination of hot sauce and butter, but I feel as though the additions of garlic powder, sugar and Worcestershire sauce do absolute wonders.
Easy Buffalo Sauce
When it comes to how to make buffalo sauce, it’s as simple as melting the butter and combining it with the other ingredients. However, it’s important to not let the butter split. You’re essentially trying to emulsify two liquids, so slow and steady really does win the race.
How to make Buffalo Sauce (quick summary)
- Add butter to a pan over low-medium heat.
- Allow to completely melt and just start to bubble.
- Pour in hot sauce, continuously stir and add in seasoning.
- Once fully blended, take off heat.
How to store Buffalo Sauce?
Short answer – tightly covered in the fridge. It’ll last a long time, but will firm up (as there’s so much butter in it). So when it comes to using it again, take it out, pop what you need in the microwave until it relaxes again. If you find it still slightly too thick just add a splash of water.
How to use Buffalo Sauce?
How to make it less spicy?
If you know you’re not good with spice, then alter the hot sauce : butter ratio. Secondly, consider adding another tsp of sugar to balance out the spice.
Okay, let’s stuck into this homemade buffalo sauce recipe shall we?!
How to make Buffalo Sauce (Full Recipe & Video)
Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- Wooden Spoon or Whisk
- 1/2 cup / 125ml Frank's Original Hot Sauce
- 6 tbsp / 85g / 3oz Unsalted Butter
- 2 tsp Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
- few dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
- Melt 6 tbsp butter in a saucepan over low-medium heat.
- Pour in 1/2 cup / 125ml Hot Sauce and stir with a wooden spoon or a whisk.
- Once combined, add 2 tsp sugar, 1/8 tsp garlic powder and a few dashes of Worcestershire Sauce.
Quick 1 min demo!
If you loved this Pita Chips Recipe then be sure to Pin it for later! Already made it or got a question? Give me a shout in the comments and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!