These Homemade Crunchwraps are stuffed with Buffalo Chicken, Blue Cheese and Tortilla Chips. They also couldn’t be easier to make!
BEST Homemade Crunchwraps
Look, I love living in the UK, I really do. But the fact we only have around 30 Taco Bells? Not cool. Going to Taco Bell whenever I visit the US is always a highlight 🤣 Anywho, homemade crunchwraps? Gotta be done!
Buffalo Chicken Crunchwraps
Crunchwrap supremes have been mimicked to the high heavens and back, so I wanted to slap my own twist on things. For me this combo is a no brainer – homemade buffalo chicken stuffed inside a crunchy tortilla? Ohhhhh yes!
For the Buffalo Chicken you’ll need: Shredded Chicken, Buffalo Sauce, Celery and Spring/Green Onion.
How to make Crunchwraps
For this recipe I use 10″ tortilla wraps, which makes 6 crunchwraps. You can use 12″ too, you’ll just end up with 4-5 crunchwraps instead. It’s important to make sure they’re flour tortillas and that you warm them in the microwave before you fold. Both of these things ensure the tortillas don’t rip (corn tortillas are often more brittle).
For these Buffalo Chicken Crunchwraps you’ll need: Lettuce, Blue Cheese, Buffalo Chicken, Tortilla Chips and Cheddar.
Can I use Tostadas instead of Tortilla Chips?
Sure! A lot of recipes actually do. I just find it easier to fold the crunchwraps with tortilla chips, especially if using 10″ wraps. You can also use Doritos if you fancy!
How to make Buffalo Chicken Crunchwraps (quick summary)
- Lay out warmed tortilla and top with lettuce.
- Followed by blue cheese.
- Top with buffalo chicken.
- Add tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold in edges to cover filling.
How to Cook Crunchwraps
The best way to cook crunchwraps is to pan fry. I have actually baked crunchwraps before, but it doesn’t work quite as well for two reasons.
First is whilst they still come out crispy on the outside, the chips and lettuce on the inside tend to slightly steam and lose their crunch. When you pan fry you’re really just toasting the outside and warming through the centre. Baking takes too long to crisp the outside before the inside turns soggy.
Second is it’s easier to seal the crunchwrap in a pan than in the oven. When you’re pan frying them you can apply slight pressure with a spatula to ensure the crunchwraps don’t unravel.
You’ll be able to fit 3 crunchwraps in a 12″ skillet, so just work in two batches. Only need to be fried for a few mins each side until golden in a light spray of oil!
Serving Buffalo Chicken Crunchwraps
From there I usually serve with a pot of sour cream or ranch. I tend to serve these by themselves, but if you’re looking for some sides to make it a full meal check out these:
If you’re looking for similar recipes then do check out these beauties:
Buffalo Chicken Recipes: Buffalo Chicken Meatballs (stuffed with blue cheese) | Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese | Buffalo Chicken Wraps
Alrighty, let’s tuck into these buffalo chicken crunchwraps shall we?!
How to make Buffalo Chicken Crunchwraps (Full Recipe & Video)
Buffalo Chicken Crunchwraps
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
- Large Frying Pan
- Cheese Grater
- Medium Sized Bowl & Spatula or Spoon
- Bowl & 2 Forks (to shred chicken is haven't already)
Ingredients (check list):
- 6x 10" Flour Tortilla Wraps, warmed in the microwave (see notes)
- 2 packed cups / 300g Cooked Shredded Chicken (see notes)
- 1/2 cup / 125ml Buffalo Sauce
- 3oz / 90g Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 2oz / 60g Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 2oz / 60g Tortilla Chips (see notes)
- 1 rib of Celery, finely diced
- 1 large Spring/Green Onion, finely diced
- 1/2 Whole Lettuce, shredded (or as needed)
- Oil Spray, as needed
- Sour Cream or Ranch, to serve
- In a medium sized bowl, combine 2 tightly packed cups (~300g) shredded chicken, 1/2cup/125ml buffalo sauce, 1 finely diced rib of celery and 1 finely diced large spring onion. Place to one side.
- Evenly split ingredients and in the centre of a tortilla wrap stack in this order: lettuce, crumbled blue cheese, buffalo chicken, tortilla chips, cheddar cheese.
- Fold in the outside of the wrap over the centre, making your way around the wrap until the centre is completely covered (see video for guidance).
- Place seem side down on a lightly pan over medium heat. Fry for 3-4mins or until deep golden and crispy, then flip and cook until the other side is golden. You should be able to fit 3 crunchwraps in a 12" skillet, so just work in 2 batches.
- Cut in half and enjoy with sour cream or ranch!
Quick 1 min demo!
If you loved this Chicken Crunchwrap Recipe then be sure to pin it for later! Already made them or got a question? Give me a shout in the comments below and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!