A fresh, simple and delicious homemade version of the classic Cheese and Chive Dip.
Another day, another dip, another reason I’ll literally never own a six pack 😂 So worth it though. Follow me…
Cheese and Chive Dip
I’m not sure if this is just a UK dip, but this dip is legendary. Sometimes called Sour Cream, Cheese and Chive dip and usually found in those multipacks you can buy. Yep, you’re with me. Well, this is it. Tastes just like it. But better (of course!).
It’s quite similar to the Sour Cream and Chive I uploaded a while back, just with a few tweaks. And the obvious inclusion of cheese. Here’s what you’ll need:
Cheese and Chive Dip Ingredients
- Sour Cream & Mayo – 50/50 spilt, both full fat of course.
- Garlic – Just one very small clove goes a long way and pairs nicely with the chives.
- Chives – Fresh and finely diced.
- Cheese – I like a nice sharp cheddar, just to pack a punch of flavour. In all cases make
- Lemon Juice – Adds vibrance and cuts through any richness. Fresh lemon juice always!
Cheese and Chive Dip FAQ
Can I make this ahead?
Yup! In fact I actually recommend you do. It’ll give the flavours time to marry together and develop.
Can I sub dried Chives?
I always use fresh and highly recommend doing so. If you are going to use dried chives then definitely allow the dip to rest so the chives soak in and release their flavour.
What type of Cheese to use?
A nice strong cheddar will do the trick to give it a real punch of flavour.
Can I sub yoghurt or use low-fat subs?
I personally only use full fat mayo for this and can’t predict the turn out if you don’t. I always look at dips as a treat 🙂
What to serve with cheese and chive dip?
This dip is perfect for literally any occasion. Mainly for dipping in tortilla chips or potato wedges, but if you want to go down the healthy route then veg will do the trick too! Pita chips also work great too!
Hey, whilst you’re here why not check out my other recipes?
Easy Dip Recipes
Alrighty, let’s tuck into the full recipe for this cheese and chive dip shall we?!
How to make Cheese and Chive Dip (Full Recipe & Video)
Cheese and Chive Dip
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board or Scissors (for chives)
- Fine Cheese Grater
Ingredients (check list):
- 1/2 cup / 120g Full Fat Mayo
- 1/2 cup / 120g Sour Cream
- 2 heaped tbsp Cheddar Cheese, finely grated
- 1 tbsp Fresh Chives, finely diced
- 1 small clove Garlic, grated/minced
- 1/2 Lemon, juice only
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Combine all of your ingredients in a suitably sized bowl, cover with cling film and pop in the fridge until needed.
Quick 1 min demo!
If you loved this Cheese and Chive Dip Recipe then be sure to Pin it for later! Already made it or got a burning question? Give me a shout in the comments below and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!