These Homemade Pita Chips are the ultimate edible dipping tool! With just a few ingredients, these pita chips are baked in the oven and come out perfectly crispy!
Homemade Pita Chips
These beauties truly couldn’t be easier to make. I don’t know about you, but a pack of pita breads are always on my shopping list. They’re too cheap and versatile not to be! Besides the pita breads themselves, here what you’ll need to turn them into pita chips:
Pita Chips Ingredients
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
That’s it! You can swap out the seasoning for whatever you fancy, but just a dash of salt and garlic powder gives a nice subtle hint of flavour.
How to prep Pita Chips
- Brush both sides of your pita with seasoned olive oil.
- Slice into even sized triangles.
Baked Pita Chips
When it comes to homemade pita chips, the best cooking method is baking. It’s important to spread them out so they don’t steam. Use two trays if you need to. Pop them in for 8-10mins or until golden.
From there, it’s important to let them cool. They will still be ever-so-slightly soft when they come out the oven, but as they cool, and as the steam makes it’s way out of the chips, they will crisp up.
And that’s it! Truly couldn’t be more simple. From there on out it’s just a case of deciding on what dip you’re going with.
Dips for Pita Chips
Okay, let’s tuck into this homemade pita chips recipe shall we?
How to make Pita Chips (Full Recipe & Video)
Homemade Pita Chips
- Chopping Board
- Sharp Knife
- Small Bowl
- Large Baking Tray (or two as needed)
Ingredients (check list):
- 6 White Pita Breads
- 1/4 cup / 60ml Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder, or to taste
- Pre heat oven to 390f/200c.
- In a small bowl, combine your 1/4 cup / 60ml olive oil with 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Brush each sides of your pita breads. Slices into 10 triangles.
- Spread out on a large baking tray (or two if needed) and bake for 8-12mins, or until golden brown. Allow to cool, then tuck in with your favourite dip!
Quick 1 min demo!
Your Private Notes:
If you loved this Pita Chips Recipe then be sure to Pin it for later! Already made it or got a question? Give me a shout in the comments and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!