These Ground Chicken Burgers are loaded with bacon, then served with cheese and avocado. They’re easy to make and outrageously delicious!!
Chicken Bacon Burgers
Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever had a chicken burger without bacon. Chicken and Bacon – the classic combo right? I see no reason why we must break up this marriage, do you?! Okay good.
Look I’ll level with you here. Chicken burgers (as in the actual chicken patty) can often be a little lacklustre. So it kinda got me thinking – what if we were to put the bacon IN the burger? Keep that classic chicken bacon combo and spruce up the chicken patty whilst we’re there.
Spoiler alert – it works.
By frying off the bacon, finely dicing it and putting it in the patty, not only do you add an insane amount of flavour, but you also get the bonus of using the leftover bacon fat to fry the burgers. Win win!
Ground Chicken Burgers
Alrighty, let’s talk chicken. More specifically ground chicken (aka chicken mince).
Chicken mince is always tricky to find in the UK. If you can’t find it in the store I recommend going to the Butchers, they’ll happily grind up some for you. Alternatively you can place boneless skinless chicken thighs in a food processor and blitz until a ground texture. I’ve done this plenty of times before and works just fine!
Contrary to popular belief, to a certain extent breadcrumbs actually make the patties more juicy and less dry. Breadcrumbs help retain moisture. Panko are great because they are big and airy, meaning they cling on to more moisture than the average breadcrumb. You’ll find them in the Asian section of most stores. If you don’t have any, regular dry breadcrumbs work just fine!
Where there’s burger there’s cheese. Hey, I don’t make the rules 🤷♂️ Here I use a nice sharp Cheddar, but Swiss also works great in this recipe.
To make the burgers: Simply mix together the ingredients for the patties, divide mixture into 4 and form patties, fry in the bacon fat. Flip, add cheese and fry until piping hot through the centre.
Chicken Burger Toppings
I wanted to keep the toppings fairly tame (I mean, tame for me anyway), just to let the burger itself shine through. Here’s a couple stars of the show I highly recommend though:
Chicken avocado burgers are beyond delicious. Highly recommend a few slices thrown in!
Just a preference, but I find it offers a better texture when it’s a soft burger patty to toast the bun. I usually toast them on a smoking hot (dry) griddle pan, put on the BBQ or until the grill works perfectly too.
What to serve with chicken burgers?
Hey, whilst you’re here why not check out my other recipes?
Fun Burger Recipes
Alrighty, let’s tuck into the full recipe for this ground chicken burger shall we?!
How to make Ground Chicken Burgers (Full Recipe & Video)
Ground Chicken Burgers with Bacon
- Large Frying Pan & Tongs
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
- Large Mixing Bowl
Ingredients (check list):
- 1lb / 500g Ground Chicken (see notes)
- 5.3oz / 150g Bacon
- 3/4 cup / 45g Panko Breadcrumbs (see notes)
- 1/2 cup / 40g freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup finely diced Fresh Parsley
- 2 large Spring/Green Onions, finely diced
- 1 clove of Garlic, minced/grated
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp EACH: Salt, Black Pepper
- Olive Oil, as needed
- 4 Burger Buns, halved & toasted
- 4 slices of Cheese (Cheddar or Swiss work great)
- 4 tbsp Sweet Chilli Mayo (see notes for subs)
- 1/2 whole Lettuce, shredded
- 2 small/medium Avocados, sliced
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced (4 slices per burger)
- Add your bacon slices to a pan over low medium heat and slowly fry until the fat has fully rendered down and the bacon is nice and crispy. Remove from pan, leaving the bacon fat in the pan.
- Dice up the bacon into tiny pieces, then add to a large mixing bowl with your chicken. Add in 3/4cup/45g Panko, 1/2cup/40g parmesan, 2 finely diced spring onions, 1/4cup finely diced fresh parsley, 1 minced clove of garlic, 1 egg and 1/4 tsp salt and pepper.
- Mix with your hands (best way to ensure ingredients disperse properly) then divide the mixture into 4. Mould into burger patties, then add to the pan of bacon fat (adding more oil if necessary) and fry over medium heat until nicely browned.
- Flip, add cheese and continue frying until browned on the other side, piping hot through the centre with the cheese nicely melted. If you have a lid to your pan you can pop this on to help melt the cheese.
- Stack in the following order: Bottom bun, mayo, lettuce, avocado, burger, tomatoes, top bun. Enjoy!
Quick 1 min demo!
Your Private Notes:
If you loved this Chicken Burger Recipe then be sure to Pin it for later! Already made it or got a question? Give me a shout in the comments and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!