These breakfast burgers are made with ultra juicy beef burgers, stacked with the tastiest breakfast fillings and squished in a crispy toasted muffin!
The BEST Breakfast Burger!
Seriously though, this burger is about to change your life forever. And possibly waistline. But more so life. Anyway, here’s why I think you’ll love it:
- ACTUALLY a breakfast burger – Not just a burger with a fried egg! (the shade 🤭)
- Packed with flavour – With 7 different layers this breaky burger sure packs a punch in the flavour department!
- EASY! – Can you fry an egg? Okay cool, you’re good to go.
This recipe is based on making 6 burgers, so perfect for feeding a crowd. They’re also lower maintenance than you may assume, as you only need one pan!
Breakfast Beef Burger
I did toy around with the idea of using sausage, which I guess is more of a ‘breakfast’ choice. But seeing as there are a good amount of ingredients in this that suggest breakfast, I went for beef.
As the beef burger is the star of the show, it’s important to treat it right.
Top Tips for the Perfect Beef Burger
- High Fat – Great juicy beef burgers actually only have one ingredient, beef. One condition, it HAS to be high fat. At least 20%.
- Room Temp – Make sure your beef is room temp before you fry it. If it’s cold, the meat will seize up and be chewy.
- Don’t Overwork – When forming your patties, just make sure you don’t overwork the meat, otherwise they’ll come out tough and gritty.
When it comes to cooking the burger, it’s gotta be pan fry. Unless it’s summer then you can BBQ. But I live in Edinburgh so it’s always pan fry. *sighs*
How to Pan Fry Cheeseburgers (quick summary)
- Bring beef to room temp.
- Divide into 6.
- Gently form patty, make dent in patty.
- Add 3 to large pan with drizzle of oil.
- Add cheese.
Breakfast Burger Toppings
- English Muffins – Make the perfect burger buns! Toasted of course.
- Mayo – Sriracha Mayo to be exact. See recipe card for subs.
- Hash Browns – But a quicker lazier version!
- Smashed Avocado – Smashed, not mashed 😏
- Bacon – Smoked streaky bacon FTW!
- Cheeseburger – I always go for cheddar, but do follow your heart.
- Fried Egg – Sunny-side-up!
When it comes to the order of toppings, you can totally freestyle if you want. I recommend the egg at the end, just so the yolk oozes out all over the burger. Also put the burger in the middle so it’s equally sandwiched with fillings.
For reference, here’s my order: Muffin -> Mayo -> Hash -> Avo -> Bacon -> Burger -> Egg -> Muffin.
Oh crikey, I’m starving all over again now. And yes, yes I did polish 3 of these off to myself… No regrets! 😁
If you like the look of this recipe I reckon you’ll love these too:
Savoury Breakfast Recipes
- Creamy Mushrooms on Toast
- Breakfast Grilled Cheese
- Breakfast Toast Cups
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- Breakfast Burritos
Alrighty, let’s tuck into this breakfast burger recipe shall we?!
How to make a Breakfast Burger (Full Recipe & Video)
- 1 Large Frying Pan (or 2, optional) & Wooden Spoon
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
- Box Grater (for hash browns)
- Aluminium Foil (to wrap burgers, optional)
Ingredients (check list):
- 1lb / 500g High Fat Beef Mince, at room temp (20%+)
- 6 English Muffins, halved
- 6 slices of Cheddar (or cheese of choice)
- 6 tbsp Sriracha Mayo (see notes for subs)
- 2 small Avocados, peeled & stone removed
- squeeze of Lemon Juice
- drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Lazy Hash Browns
- 2 medium White Potatoes
- 2-3 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 tsp each: Onion Powder, Garlic Powder
- 12 single rashers of Smoked Streaky Bacon
- 6 medium Eggs
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Divide 1lb/500g non-lean beef into 6 portions and very gently mould each portion into equal sized burger shapes. Push down the centre of each burger to make a mini dome shape. This will help with shrinkage. Heavily season one side of burger.
- Heat a drizzle of oil over medium-high heat and add 3 burgers seasoned side down. Season the tops, allow to fry for a few mins, flip, then top with cheese. Fry for a few more mins until the cheese melts, then remove and repeat.
- Either toast the muffins in a little of the burger fat, under the grill or in a toaster.
Lazy Hash Browns
- Grate 2 potatoes on a box grater (no need to peel), then squeeze as much moisture out as you can.
- Add to a pan of 2-3 tbsp melted butter and fry until it begins to brown, frequently stirring and breaking up the potato. Add 1/4tsp onion powder, garlic powder and seasoning to taste. Continue frying and breaking up until golden and crispy, adding more butter/oil if needed. If you want truly crispy hash then soak the grated potato in cold water and tightly ring in a cloth until dry.
- Scoop the flesh of 2 avocados into a bowl and very gently smash (not mash) with a fork. Stir in a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Fry, broil or bake 12 single rashers of bacon until preferred texture.
- Crack 3 eggs at a time into a pan with a drizzle of oil (or touch of butter) over low medium heat. Gently fry until cooked through, with the yolk still clearly runny. Slice off any ugly bits at the end.
- Muffin, then mayo, then hash brown, then avocado, then burger, finished with egg and other half of muffin. Half wrap in foil to eat if preferred.
Quick 1 min demo!
If you loved these Breakfast Burger Recipe then be sure to pin it for later! Already made them or got a question? Give me a shout in the comments below and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!