These Pizza Pockets are made with Puff Pastry and stuffed with Spicy Pepperoni. With Crispy Parmesan baked on top, these truly are the BEST Homemade Pizza Pockets!
Homemade Pizza Pockets
I’ve literally just wiped the crumbs off my face from devouring the last one of these. Oh.My.Days. Pizza pockets are about to be your new food obsession. Here’s why:
- Puff Pastry – No faffing around making pizza dough, pre rolled puff pastry works absolute wonders for pizza pockets.
- Minimal Ingredients – If you’ve got Pizza Sauce, Cheese and Puff Pastry you’re already quids in!
- Delicious – So bloomin’ delicious!!!
The other thing is that they’re so easy to make. I know it’s tempting to pick up a pack of store bought pizza pockets, but I promise you these are 10x more tasty.
Pizza pockets are perfect for an after school snack, a lazy lunch or even as a dinner with some sides!
Pepperoni Pizza Pockets
To be honest you can really load up these pizza pockets with any toppings you fancy, but for me it’s always gotta be jalapeño and pepperoni! There’s something about jalapeño and pepperoni that send me weak at the knees 🤣
Puff Pastry Pizza Pockets
Like I mentioned earlier, the ease of these pizza pockets comes down to the puff pastry. PLUS I actually really like the crispy texture it offers.
I always use pre-rolled puff pastry, in the UK this usually comes in the form of a 14″x9″ (35.5cmx22cm) rectangle. If you’re rolling out your pastry just make sure you roll it out to those measurements.
How to make Pizza Pockets (quick summary)
- Roll out pastry.
- Horizontally slice in half.
- Fold over corner to make square and slice.
- Lay on floured surface in diamond shape.
- Spread fillings in lower triangle.
- Fold over, crimp edges with fork and slice steam holes.
How to Bake Pizza Pockets
Right, pockets folded, let’s get ’em ready to bake.
Just to take these pizza pockets through the roof, I love sprinkling parmesan and oregano on top before they bake. This not only adds extra flavours, but makes them turn deep golden and EXTRA crispy!
How to Bake Pizza Pockets (quick summary)
- Place pizza pockets on lightly oiled tray.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan and dried oregano. Bake uninterrupted until golden!
And there we have it! Homemade pizza pockets truly couldn’t be easier!
Can you prepare pizza pockets in advance?
You can yes, I just recommend putting the pizza sauce on top of the cheese just to reduce the bottom part going soggy. Just cover airtight in the fridge and add another 5mins onto cooking time.
If you like the sound of these pizza pockets definitely check out my Pizza Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms – just as simple and delicious! Here’s some more delicious recipes I’m confident you’ll love too:
Fun Puff Pastry Recipes
- Puff Pastry Pinwheels
- Chorizo Sausage Rolls (or Classic Sausage Rolls)
- Cheese and Onion Pasties
- Cheese and Bacon Turnovers
- Cheese and Prosciutto Twists
Alrighty, let’s tuck into the full pizza pockets recipe shall we?!
How to make Pizza Pockets (Full Recipe & Video)
Spicy Pepperoni Pizza Pockets
- 30cm x 45cm (12” x 18”) Sheet Pan/Oven Tray (or similar size)
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
Ingredients (check list):
- 1 sheet of Puff Pastry (see notes)
- 1 cup / 100g Mozzarella, shredded
- 1/3 cup / 30g Parmesan
- 1/4 cup / 25g Pickled Jalapeños, diced (or to spice preference)
- 12 small Pepperoni Slices, halved
- 6 tsp Pizza Sauce
- 6 pinches of Oregano
- Roll out your puff pastry and horizontally slice through the middle, to make 2 smaller/longer rectangles. Fold the corner of one of them over and slice to make a square shape. Use this square to measure out 5 more equal sized squares (see video for guidance).
- Place your puff pastry square on a lightly floured surface with a corner at the top and bottom (diamond shape). Spread 1 tsp pizza sauce to outline a triangle in the bottom section of the diamond, leaving a little around the edge (again, see video for guidance). Top with a pinch of mozzarella, 4 pepperoni halves and finish with a pinch of diced jalapeño.
- Fold over the top half and pinch down the edges to contain the filling. Crimp with a fork, then make two slices on top of the pocket to allow steam to escape. Place on a lightly oiled/greased tray and repeat.
- Sprinkle each pocket with parmesan and a pinch of oregano. Bake in the oven at 200C/390F for 15-20mins or until deep golden and crispy. Allow to rest for a few mins before serving to allow them to crisp up.
Quick 1 min demo!
If you loved this Homemade Pizza Pocket Recipe then be sure to pin it for later! Already made them or got a question? Give me a shout in the comments below and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!