Cheesy Baked Asparagus is the perfect no-fuss side dish. With just 4 ingredients and 15mins to make, you’ll be serving this Asparagus with just about everything!
Baked Asparagus with Cheese
I know I know, asparagus is glorious just as it is. BUT, give me this one. When I say asparagus baked in cheese is potentially one of the most delicious things in the world, I kinda mean it 😳
I promised you 4 ingredients, and of course besides olive oil/seasoning, I’m keeping to that promise. Here’s what you’ll need:
Cheesy Asparagus Ingredients
- Asparagus – Go for medium thickness.
- Garlic – Baked asparagus and garlic is a match made in heaven!
- Mozzarella – For that cheese pull goodness.
- Parmesan – For that golden crisp.
Mozzarella is perfect for this recipe as its subtle flavour doesn’t overpower the asparagus. I’d stay away from cheddar for this recipe as it does overpower it. The only sub I’d offer would be Gruyere in place of the parmesan.
When it comes to baking asparagus, it truly couldn’t be easier. In prep, all you need to do is remove the woody ends from the asparagus. You don’t need to peel asparagus or trim any other part.
To remove the woody ends of the asparagus I simply line them up and slice up to an inch (depending on size). I know the classic way is to bend and snap, but I feel you end up losing too much of the asparagus. A small bit of white won’t hurt anybody 😁
How to make Cheesy Asparagus (quick summary)
- Toss asparagus with olive oil, garlic and seasoning.
- Bake in the oven.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella then top with parmesan.
- Pop under the grill and broil until golden and bubbly!
Cheesy Baked Asparagus
And there we have it! Easy cheesy baked asparagus, ready in under 15mins.
What to serve Cheesy Asparagus with?
Hey, whilst you’re here why not check out my other recipes?
Cheesy Side Dishes
- Cheesy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Potato Dauphinoise
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheese
- Crispy Halloumi Fries
Alrighty, let’s tuck into this cheesy asparagus recipe shall we?!
How to make Cheesy Baked Asparagus (Full Recipe & Video)
Cheesy Baked Asparagus
- 20" x 10" Baking Tray
- Cheese Grater
- 10.5oz / 300g Asparagus (see notes)
- 3/4 cup / 75g Mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup / 20g Parmesan, finely grated
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced/finely diced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- Trim the woody parts of your asparagus and toss will 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper. Lay out flat on a baking tray.
- Pop in the oven at 390f/200c for 8-10mins, or until just starting to wrinkle and soften.
- Take out the oven, sprinkle over 3/4cup/75g mozzarella then top with 1/4cup/20g parmesan.
- Pop under the grill and broil until the cheese turn golden and bubbly, with the asparagus fork tender. Serve up right away!
Quick 1 min demo!
If you loved this Cheesy Asparagus recipe be sure to pin it for later! Already made it or got a question? Give me a shout in the comments and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!