Looking for new ways to eat bagels? Look no further than these easy and delicious quiche stuffed bagels. Perfect for breakfast!
When two worlds collide, tasty things happen. Breakfast quiche meet breakfast bagel, get to know each other, get comfortable, cause this is going to be happening a lot more often 🤪
I LOVE these stuffed bagels for so many different reasons, but here’s why I think you’ll love them:
- Fun – A funky switch up from your regular breakfast bagels.
- Breakfast – Total comfort food for an easy weekend breaky!
- Tasty – So damn tasty.
Just look how pretty they are 😍
As I’m sure you’re aware, quiches come in all different shapes and sizes. The fillings also vary a lot. Here we’re going for breakfast fillings, just to go neatly with the breakfast aspect of bagels. Here’s what you’ll need:
Breakfast Quiche Fillings
You can switch up the fillings if you wish, I just recommend obviously using eggs and cream for consistency reasons. Also, if you’re planning on putting in any extra veg (e.g peppers), I recommend frying them off before hand. This is just to get rid of some of the moisture, otherwise it’ll release in the quiche and make the consistency slightly watery.
How to make Breakfast Quiche Filling (quick summary)
- Add cream and egg to a large bowl.
- Beat until completely smooth.
- Add fillings and a good pinch of s&p.
- Stir to evenly combine.
Quiche Stuffed Bagels
Now here’s where things get fun 😏
I’ve seen a lot of similar recipes actually tear out the centre of the bagels to make room for the filling, BUT realistically you’re not going to do anything with the bagel you’ve torn out, so it just seems a waste. Here, what I do is squish the inside of the bagel to make room for the filling. This makes for a slightly more dense and doughy texture, but I actually prefer that. Plus there’s no waste.
If you want a more hollow bagel (with slightly more filling) you can totally do that. The filling will probably stretch to one less bagel though.
How to make Quiche Stuffed Bagels (quick summary)
- Take one regular bagel.
- Slice a very thin slither off the top.
- Run a knife around the centre.
- Squish to the edges of the bagel.
- Spoon in filling and bake!
After another stuffed bagel recipe? Check out my Cheesy Stuffed Bagels!
Alrighty, let’s tuck into these quiche bagels shall we?!
How to Breakfast Quiche Stuffed Bagels (Full Recipe & Video)
Breakfast Quiche Stuffed Bagels
- Bread Knife (for slicing top off bagel)
- Small Knife (for slicing centre of bagel)
- Large Bowl (for filling)
- Baking Tray
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
Ingredients (check list):
- 4 Bagels
- 1.4oz / 40g Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 6 tbsp Heavy/Double Cream
- 4 single rashers Streaky Bacon, cooked, cooled & chopped
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 Pork Sausages, meat removed from skin & fried
- 1/2 small Red Onion, finely diced
- Fresh Chives, to serve
- Ketchup or Sriracha, to serve
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl whisk together 2 eggs and 6 tbsp cream. Add your sausage, bacon, cheese, onion and seasoning to taste. Stir to combine, then place to one side.
- Slice a tiny slither off the top of your bagels, then run a knife around the centre, making sure you don't go all the way through (see video for guidance). Carefully but firmly use your thumbs to push the centre of the bagel to the outside, making way for your filling.
- Carefully spoon the filling into the bagels and place on a baking tray. Pop in the oven at 190c/374f for 15mins or until the bagel is crispy and the filling is cooked. A good way to check is to poke the quiche with a tooth pick to see if it comes out dry or not.
- Serve with a good sprinkling of fresh chives and your favourite dip!
Quick 1 min demo!
Your Private Notes:
Why not check out my other recipes whilst you’re here!?
Fun Breakfast Ideas
Fun Bagel Recipes
If you loved this Stuffed Breakfast Bagel Recipe then be sure to Pin it for later! Already made it or got a burning question? Give me a shout in the comments below and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!