This Breakfast Grilled Cheese is about to be your new favourite weekend guilty pleasure. Packed with bacon, egg, sausage and cheese, why wouldn’t it be?!
Breakfast Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Or ‘Breakfast Toastie’ as some of us may be inclined to say here in the UK. Look, I’m gonna be frank with you here. These might cause you to put on weight by just looking at them. No joke 😂 But f*ck they’re tasty as hell!! And that’s all that matters on this blog 😁 Here’s what we got stuffed inside our breakfast grilled cheeses:
Breakfast Grilled Cheese Fillings
- Sausage – Either ground sausage meat or the meat squeezed from sausages.
- Bacon – Streaky all the way! Cooked to preference.
- Egg – Soft scrambled egg.
- Cheese – For that authentic McDonald’s breaky taste, it’s gotta be American Processed Cheese slices!!
- Chives – Compliment the scrambled egg beautiful.
- Sriracha – Because Sriracha is life.
When it comes to making a breakfast grilled cheese, it truly couldn’t be easier!
How to make a Breakfast Grilled Cheese (quick summary)
- Fry sausage until browned.
- Remove from pan and melt in butter.
- Pour in beaten eggs.
- Cook and stir on low until soft curds form. Remove from pan.
From there, it’s just regular grilled cheese sandwich business. I recommend using a paper towel in between cooking the fillings, just so you don’t rubbery egg stuck to the outside of your grilled cheese.
Alright, let’s finish making this thing:
5. Turn off heat, place bread buttered-side-down.
6. Add cheese, then sausage, then bacon.
7. Add scrambled egg.
8. Sprinkle with chives then top with Sriracha.
9. Add cheese, then bread (buttered side up).
10. Fry on medium until golden both sides.
And there we have it! A super delicious (and super indulgent) breakfast sandwich ready for the taking.
Hey, whilst you’re here why not check out my other recipes?
Creative Grilled Cheese Recipes
Fun Breakfast Recipes
- Full English Breakfast Toast Cups
- Egg in a Hole Breakfast Bagel
- Breakfast Burritos
- Cafe Style Smashed Avocado
Alrighty, let’s tuck into this breakfast grilled cheese recipe shall we?!
How to make a Breakfast Grilled Cheese (Full Recipe & Video)
Breakfast Grilled Cheese
- 12" Frying Pan & Wooden Spoon
- Bowl (to beat eggs)
- Paper Towels
Ingredients (check list):
- 4 slices Large Thick White Bread
- 9oz / 250g Sausage Meat (see notes)
- 6 single rashers of Streaky Bacon, cooked to preference
- 6 slices American Processed Cheese Slices (see notes)
- 6 medium Eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp Butter, plus more to spread
- 2 tbsp Fresh Chives
- Sriracha, as needed
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Add 9oz/250g sausage to a large frying pan and brown over medium heat until completely cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Melt in 2 tbsp butter and turn down heat to low. Pour in eggs and stir into large soft curds. Season with salt and pepper, then remove from pan. Slightly undercooked is best so it doesn't go rubbery in the grilled cheese.
- Wipe out pan with paper towels and turn off heat.
- Place two slices of bread down, spread with butter and flip over. Top in the following order: Cheese -> Sausage -> Bacon -> Egg -> Chives -> Sriracha -> Cheese -> Bread -> Butter.
- Turn on heat to a medium and fry each side until golden brown. Be careful as you flip that the filling doesn't fall out.
Quick 1 min demo!
Your Private Notes:
If you loved this Breakfast Grilled Cheese recipe be sure to pin it for later! Already made it or got a burning question? Give me a shout in the comments and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!