These truly are the Ultimate Breakfast Burritos! Stuffed with Scrambled Egg, Avocado, Crispy Potato, Cheese and Chorizo Beans, you wouldn’t want to start the day any other way!
Simply the BEST Breakfast Burritos
Did someone say tooting their own horn? But really, these breaky burritos are top notch. Promise.
The perfect thing about breakfast burritos is you can really add anything you like! Well, almost anything… Look, as much as I’d love to throw every hot breakfast ingredient there is straight into a burrito, it’s just not realistic. So, we’re gonna have to pick some faves. Here’s what made the cut:
Best Breakfast Burrito Fillings
- Crispy Fried Potatoes
- Scrambled Egg
- Chorizo Beans (more on these in just a sec)
The fantastic 5 if you will.
Preparing Breakfast Burrito Fillings
When it comes to preparing burritos I try and keep things as simple as possible. As such, all the fillings can be made in one pan. Woo hoo!
Fry the potatoes in a little olive oil until nice and crispy, then remove. Next up, melt in some butter and make your scrambled egg. Take them out, then start on your chorizo beans.
Chorizo Baked Beans
For me, these really is the star of the show. Breakfast burritos are great, but breakfast burritos with chorizo beans?! Absolute heaven. Here’s what you’ll need:
Chorizo Baked Beans Ingredients
- Cannellini Beans
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Paprika, Cumin & Sugar
- Worcestershire Sauce & Tabasco
- Onion & Garlic
I know it seems like a fair few ingredients, but it’s truly worth it. For heavens sake please don’t just sub regular baked beans 😢
Okay, so fillings are ready, let’s move forward.
How to make a Breakfast Burrito
How to fold a Breakfast Burrito
- Place your ingredients in the bottom-centre of the wrap.
- Fold over the bottom to cover the ingredients.
- Fold in the sides.
- Tightly roll.
How to cook a Breakfast Burrito
You’ve really got 3 options here. First is to pan fry, second is to oven bake and third is to actually just serve them right up after you’ve folded them. I find it best/easiest to pan fry them in a dry griddle pan. This is the quickest method and gives you those gorgeous crispy grill marks 😎
To grill the burritos just place them seam side down on a griddle pan (can use a regular pan) over medium-high heat and slowly rotate until golden with grill marks with a pair of tongs
Do I have to cook Breakfast Burritos?
Because all the fillings are already cooked/don’t need to be cooked, you can just eat the burritos after you’ve rolled them!
How do you oven bake Breakfast Burritos?
Simply wrap them up in foil after you’ve folded them and pop them in the oven at 180C/356F for 15-20mins, or until slightly crispy and hot through the centre. The advantage to baking is that it’s less effort, but the obvious downfall is that it’s more time!
Make ahead Breakfast Burritos
These are perfect to make ahead and pop in the fridge or freezer. Just wrap them in foil after you’ve folded them and pop them in the fridge/freezer.
How to cook make ahead Burritos
To cook straight from the fridge, add an extra 10mins to baking time. To cook from frozen, add an extra 15-20mins. You can pan fry straight from the fridge (just lower the temp slightly) but I don’t recommend frying straight from frozen. Allow the burrito to defrost beforehand.
And breathe. We made it 🤣 My breakfast burritos knowledge has officially spilled.
Okay, someone grab me the sour cream, I’m starving all over again 😋 To the full recipe we go!!
How to make Breakfast Burritos (Full Recipe & Video)
Breakfast Burritos with Chorizo Beans
- Large Frying Pan & Griddle Pan (optional - for grill marks)
- Paper Towels (to wipe out pan)
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
- Wooden Spoon
- Cheese Grater
- Bowl & Fork (to beat eggs)
Ingredients (check list):
- 4 large Burrito Sized Wraps, warmed in microwave
- 1 cup / 100g Cheddar, grated
- 2 small Avocados, sliced into strips
- Sour Cream, to serve
- 3.5oz / 100g Chorizo, diced
- 1x 14oz/400g can of Cannellini Beans, drained
- 1x 14oz/400g can of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 small Onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of Garlic, finely diced
- 1 tsp each: Paprika, Cumin, Sugar, Worcestershire Sauce
- Tabasco (or other hot sauce), to taste
- Olive Oil, for frying
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- 6 medium Eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 9oz / 250g Potato, sliced into small cubes
- Olive Oil, for frying
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Fry 9oz/250g diced potato over medium heat in a drizzle of oil until crispy (season to taste). Remove, then melt 2 tbsp butter in the pan and pour in your eggs. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until light and creamy (season to taste).
- Remove and turn heat back up to medium (wipe out with paper towel if needed) then fry 1 small diced onion, 2 minced cloves of garlic and 3.5oz/100g diced chorizo in a little oil until soft. Add 1 tsp paprika, cumin, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and tabasco and salt & pepper (to taste) and simmer over medium heat until completely thickened.
- Evenly divide your fillings across the wraps in the bottom centre of the wrap (you will most likely have too much chorizo beans, so just save for later). Start with potato, then avocado, scrambled egg, beans and finish with cheese. Fold over the bottom of the wrap to cover the filling, fold in the sides and tightly roll. Sprinkle a tiny bit of cheese to seal, then complete the roll.
- Optional: Place them seam side down on a griddle pan over medium-high heat and slowly rotate until golden with grill marks. Use tongs, not your fingers like me!! Serve with sour cream and tuck it!
Quick 1 min demo!
Your Private Notes:
If you like the sound of these burritos then definitely check out my similar recipes!
Fun Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Burger
- Breakfast Grilled Cheese
- Breakfast Toast Cups
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- Breakfast Pockets
- All Breakfast & Brunch Recipes
Fun Tex Mex Recipes
- Cheesy Ground Beef Quesadillas
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken Fajita Nachos
- Turkey Tacos
- All Tex Mex Recipes
If you loved this Breakfast Burrito Recipe then be sure to Pin it for later! Already made it or got a burning question? Give me a shout in the comments below and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!