This Spinach Artichoke Dip is baked in the oven until ooey gooey delicious. It’s easy to make and perfect for feeding a crowd!
Spinach artichoke dip is, in my opinion, top tier dip. I first had this in the US, and honestly the experience was euphoric. Naturally I’ve taken it upon myself to recreate this classic dip (and take it up a few notches, if I do say so myself). Follow me…
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Full disclosure – this dip is indulgent. Not that you’d expect anything else if you’ve been a reader of mine for a while 😂 But it’s 100% worth every dunk. For the best spinach artichoke dip here’s what you’ll need:
- Spinach – You’ll want to use thawed frozen spinach. This gives you a more intense flavour and saves you the step of cooking/chopping fresh spinach.
- Artichoke Hearts – I usually go for the ones marinated in oil, but you can use ones in brine or water. The flavour difference is minimal once it’s all mixed together and baked.
- Cream Cheese – Either at room temp or lightly warmed in the microwave.
- Cheddar – This is the main cheesy flavour. I like a nice sharp cheddar, but you can use mild if you prefer.
- Mozzarella – This gives the epic cheese pull.
- Parmesan – Gives another layer of cheesy flavour without effecting the texture of the dip too much.
- Sour Cream – Cuts through the richness of the dip.
- Mayonnaise – Adds a tangy background flavour to the dip.
- Garlic – Where there’s cheese and spinach, there’s garlic.
If you’re anything like me hopefully you’ll already of a few of these ingredients on hand. And yes, that’s 4 cheeses in total and no, you won’t regret a thing!!
Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip
Number 1 rule of spinach artichoke dip club – it’s gotta be baked. By baking the dip you get the obvious bonus of the cheese melting, but I find it also marries the flavours together better.
Can I heat in the microwave?
If you’re in a rush you can heat this dip in the microwave. Only difference is you miss out on the light golden layer on the top when it bakes, which adds a touch more flavour. I also find it cooks more evenly in the oven.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Yup! Just allow to come to room temp before you bake from the fridge, just so it cooks through evenly.
Process shots: add ingredients to large mixing bowl (photo 1), stir to combine (photo 2), place in baking dish and bake (photo 3).
Serving Spinach Artichoke Dip
Once it’s out the oven just let it cool for a minute or two, or you’ll lose the roof of your mouth!
What to serve with Spinach Artichoke Dip?
Can I store and reheat leftovers?
Yep! This will last around 3 days tightly covered in the fridge.
If you’re looking for another EPIC baked dip check out my Baked Jalapeño Popper Dip!
For more similar recipes check out these beauties:
Delicious Dip Recipes
Alrighty, let’s tuck into the full recipe for the baked spinach artichoke dip shall we?!
How to make Spinach Artichoke Dip (Full Recipe & Video)
Classic Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Large Mixing Bowl & Spatula
- Sieve (to drain spinach)
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board (for artichokes)
- Cheese Grater
- 9" x 9" Baking Dish (or similar size)
Ingredients (check list):
- 10oz / 300g Artichoke Hearts, roughly chopped (weight of DRAINED artichokes - see notes)
- 9oz / 250g Frozen Spinach, thawed (weighed whilst frozen - see notes)
- 9oz / 250g Cream Cheese, at room temp or slightly softened in microwave
- 3/4 cup / 75g Mozzarella, shredded (preferably low moisture mozzarella)
- 3/4 cup / 75g Cheddar, grated
- 1/2 cup / 120g Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup / 120g Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup / 40g freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 large clove of Garlic, very finely diced/minced
- 1/4 tsp EACH: Salt, Black Pepper (or to taste)
- Crackers, Veg, Chips (to serve)
- Squeeze moisture out of thawed spinach. I find this easiest by pushing with the back of a spoon in a sieve.
- Place in a large mixing bowl with cream cheese, cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan, sour cream, mayo, chopped artichoke hearts, garlic and salt & pepper. Use a spatula to combine, then test for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Scoop into a baking dish and flatten the top with your spatula. Place in the oven at 180C/350F for 20-25mins, or until very lightly golden on top and bubbly. Ensure it's bubbly right through the centre, not just the edges.
- Serve with crackers, veg, chips (or anything you fancy). Careful, it'll be piping hot!
Quick 1 min demo!
If you loved this Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe then be sure to Pin it for later! Already made it or got a question? Give me a shout in the comments and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!