These Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts are made in one pan with basic pantry ingredients. The perfect quick and easy chicken dinner!
Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts
You know, it wasn’t that long ago I uploaded my Honey Garlic Pork Chops. But can you ever really have too much honey garlic?! Absolutely not no. Hence here we are, similar recipe but this time with the glorious chicken breast!
I love this recipe for so many different reasons, mainly because it’s outrageously delicious, but also because it’s so darn quick and easy to make! 15mins and some pantry staples is all you’ll need.
How to prep honey garlic chicken breasts (quick summary)
- Bring two chicken breasts to room temp.
- Slice through the centre to make 4 even sized breasts.
- Coat in olive oil, onion & garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Fry for a few mins each side until golden and just cooked through the centre.
- Remove from pan.
Honey Garlic Sauce
This sauce itself is actually incredibly simple. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Soy Sauce
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Fresh Thyme
I recommend using runny honey (as opposed to the firm kind you can get) to ensure the sauce doesn’t go clumpy. I also highly recommend light soy sauce as opposed to dark.
How to make Honey Garlic Sauce (quick summary)
- Melt butter in the pan.
- Add garlic and slightly brown.
- Pour in honey, soy sauce and apple cider vinegar, then add thyme and seasoning.
- Simmer then add back in chicken.
Once the sauce has thickened, turn the heat off as you baste the chicken. You don’t want the chicken to overcook and dry out!
Right, gimme that spoon.
And there we have it! An incredibly quick, super easy and ever so delicious chicken dinner ready for the taking!
What to serve with honey garlic chicken?
Hey, whilst you’re here why not check out my other recipes?
One Pan Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- Spanish Style Chicken Orzo
- Herb Roasted Spatchcock Chicken
- Spanish Chicken Tray Bake
- Chicken Piccata
Alrighty, let’s tuck into this honey garlic chicken recipe shall we!?
How to make Honey Garlic Chicken (Full Recipe & Video)
Honey Garlic Chicken
- 12" Skillet & Wooden Spoon
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
Ingredients (check list):
- 2x 9oz/250g Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 cup / 70g Honey
- 3 tbsp / 45g / 1.6oz Butter
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1.5 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 sprig of Fresh Thyme
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp each: Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper (plus more to taste)
- Allow your chicken to come to room temp, then slice through the centre to create 4 even sized breasts. Coat in 1/2 tsp onion powder, garlic powder, salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Fry over medium heat 3-4mins each side (or until golden and just cooked through the centre, don't overcook) then remove from the pan.
- Melt in 3 tbsp butter, then add 2 cloves of minced garlic. Stir until the garlic just begins to brown (careful, this will happen quickly!) then pour in 1/4cup/70g honey, 1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar and 1 tbsp light soy sauce. Add fresh thyme and season to taste.
- Allow the sauce to simmer and thicken for a couple of minutes then add back in your chicken. Turn off the heat and spoon over the sauce to fully coat. Enjoy!
Quick 1 min demo!
Your Private Notes:
If you loved this Honey Garlic Chicken recipe be sure to pin it for later! Already made it or got a burning question? Give me a shout in the comments and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!