This Cauliflower is roasted with garlic, thyme and parmesan. Bursting with flavour and easy to make, this Parmesan Roast Cauliflower makes the perfect side dish!
Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
Look I’m gonna be honest with you here. I’m actually not a huge fan of cauliflower in most contexts. There, I said it.
Cauliflower roasted with parmesan, thyme, garlic and butter? Heck to the yes! Roasting cauliflower is a complete game changer in comparison to boiling or steaming. It transforms the texture and flavour into something beyond delicious. When you add a few more goodies it’s gonna be the masterpiece at your next roast dinner 😏
How to make Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (quick summary)
- Peel outer leaves from a whole cauliflower.
- Dice into small chunks and combine with butter, garlic, thyme and seasoning.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and roast until golden delicious!
Garlic Roasted Cauliflower
I use two cloves for this recipe because I LOVE garlic and feel it pairs beautifully with this recipe. Because you know, who doesn’t love cheese and garlic? Having said that if you’re not keen on garlic just reduce to one clove.
Roasted Cauliflower with Thyme
Fresh thyme adds a gorgeous level of flavour to this cauliflower. However, if you don’t have/like it, this will still be delicious without. I don’t recommend using dried thyme.
And there we have it! A super easy side dish for just about everything. Parmesan roasted cauliflower you never fail me 😋
Hey, whilst you’re here why not check out my other recipes?
Easy Vegetable Side Dishes
- Garlic Green Beans
- Cheesy Baked Asparagus
- Honey Balsamic Roasted Carrots
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheese
- All my other sides!
Alrighty, let’s tuck into this roasted cauliflower recipe shall we?!
How to make Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (Full Recipe & Video)
Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Large Baking Tray
- Sharp Knife and Chopping Board
- Small Pot (for melting butter)
- Fine Grater (for parmesan)
- Spatula (for scraping off parmesan cauliflower)
Ingredients (check list):
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup / 40g Parmesan
- 2 tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- few sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Peel away the outer leaves of the cauliflower and dice into 1-1.5" chunks.
- Combine with 2 tbsp melted butter, a few sprigs of thyme, 2 minced cloves of garlic and a hefty pinch of salt and pepper. Sprinkle over grated parmesan.
- Pop in the oven at 200c/390f for 20-30mins or until golden brown and fork tender. If it starts to blacken too quickly, reduce the temp. In any instance I don't recommend cranking up the temp as the parmesan will burn before the cauliflower is cooked.
- Use a spatula to scrape off the cauliflower, collecting all those crispy bits stuck in between!
Quick 1 min demo!
Your Private Notes:
If you loved this Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower recipe be sure to pin it for later! Already made it or got a burning question? Give me a shout in the comments and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!