Get ready to fall in love with this Crunchy Broccoli Salad with Bacon! Featuring Cranberries, Flaked Almonds & Feta, this really is simply the BEST Broccoli Salad Recipe! – Hungry now? Jump to Recipe
I know right, broccoli salad!? It’s a bit of an odd concept isn’t it? Raw broccoli isn’t something you often find yourself craving, I know I’d never thought of eating it before. But let me tell you, a raw broccoli salad is potentially now of of my all time favourite salads, and I’m confident it’s about to be yours too!
I was first introduced to broccoli salad at a restaurant a few years back and only really ordered it through curiosity. I just remember being blown away at how gorgeous raw broccoli tastes in a salad. That nice crunchy texture, wrapped in a creamy dressing. So much yum.
So, first things first, let’s talk dressing.
Dressing for a Creamy Broccoli Salad
- Sour Cream
- Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper
I like to keep it real simple with the dressing. No fancy ingredients, just the essentials to create a beautifully simple dressing that’ll compliment the broccoli salad just nicely.
Ingredients for the best Broccoli Salad
- Dried Cranberries
- Flaked Almonds
- Red Onion
There’s so many awesome broccoli salad recipes out there, but for me those 5 ingredients give the most delicious combo.
A broccoli salad with bacon for is already a winner, but add some sweet cranberries, an extra crunch from the almonds, some feta for a little added creaminess and a gentle tang from the red onion and you’re on to something special!
How to make a Crunchy Broccoli Salad ‘Crunchy’
- The first and most important thing to remember for a crunchy broccoli salad is to not cook the broccoli. I repeat – you do not need to cook broccoli for a broccoli salad.
- Add some texture to the salad by using different nuts and of course crispy bacon!
- Serve it right away. By the letting the salad sit in the dressing you’ll take away some of that crunchiness from the ingredients soaking it up. WHICH by the way is by no means a bad thing, but for a crunchy broccoli salad definitely serve it straight away.
Alright somebody get me a dang fork, I’m hungry.
Join the foodie family! – Get awesome recipes sent straight to your inbox by signing up to my Weekly Mailing List (where you’ll receive your FREE ECOOKBOOK) and stay in touch on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! 🧡
How to make a Crunchy Broccoli Salad with Bacon (Full Recipe & Video)
Get ready to fall in love with this Crunchy Broccoli Salad with Bacon! Featuring Cranberries, Flaked Almonds & Feta, this really is simply the BEST Broccoli Salad Recipe!
- 1 large Broccoli, chopped into bitesized florets
- 1/2 cup / 125g Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup / 125g Full Fat Mayo
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Lemon
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- 4 rashers Streaky Bacon, cooked, cooled & chopped
- 1/3 cup / 45g Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup / 20g Flaked Almonds
- 1/4 cup / 30g Feta, crumbled
- 1 tbsp Red Onion, very finely diced
Combine the ingredients for your dressing in a bowl and taste test for seasoning.
In a larger bowl, combine your broccoli and fillings, then pour in your desired amount of dressing.
Serve up with an extra squeeze of lemon juice!
Watch how to make it!
a) Dressing amounts - You most likely won't need all of the dressing. Broccoli tends to suck up liquid so it's difficult to predict how much dressing you'll need, especially if you don't serve it straight away. Eyeball to your desired consistency in the first instance, then adjust as needed when the broccoli absorbs some of it up.
b) Filling amounts - Feel free to use more/less of each ingredient, it really is all down to preference. However here I offer the measurements I personally feel offer the best balance of flavour.
c) Calories - based on using all of the dressing, so may be a slight over estimate.
Looking for more delicious broccoli recipes? Check out my Broccoli Pasta Bake!