Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad is the ULTIMATE summer pasta salad. So simple to make and absolutely bursting with flavour, after trying this recipe you won’t make pasta salad any other way!
Everybody needs a pasta salad recipe up their sleeve for entertaining purposes. Literally any BBQ, party or just food gathering, this is my go-to dish to bring. Chicken bacon ranch pasta salad – you really can’t go wrong.
Like, is there really a better combo than chicken bacon and ranch!? Because if there is I want it in and around my face immediately.
But until then, this is the combo that dreams are made of.
If you hadn’t already gathered by the other recipes in my blog, I don’t do things half-heartedly. If I’m gonna make a pasta salad, it’s gonna be big, it’s gonna be bold and god dang it it’s gonna be beautiful. No reduced fat dressings or lettuce in sight.
And here we arrive at the main reason I’ll never own a six pack.
First things first, ranch dressing.
The Best Pasta Salad Dressing
I know it’s tempting with any type of salad to just drown it in ranch. Trust me, I love ranch more than life itself. But with just a few added ingredients you can really enhance your pasta salad sauce.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup/250ml Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup/125ml Sour Cream
- Handful of Fresh Parsley
- Squeeze of Lemon Juice
- Salt & Black Pepper
I prefer a more creamy pasta salad sauce, and I believe this combo gives just the right amount of creaminess. I find that by using just straight ranch it’s just a bit too overpowering and heavy. A squeeze of lemon juice, some sour cream and some fresh parsley lighten things up perfectly.
So, what else we got going on?
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad Ingredients
Again, I don’t like to jam pack the pasta salad full of ingredients. You know, just the essentials.
- 8.8oz/250g Short Cut Pasta
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 8 rashers of Bacon
- 1/2 cup/50g Cheddar
- 1 rib of Celery
- 2 Green Onions
Chicken, cheese, bacon and pasta? Yeah let’s not pretend that’s not the most incredible food coma ready and waiting..
Chicken bacon and ranch is the perfect combo to create the most delicious pasta salad imaginable. With minimal ingredients and using up leftovers, your ‘BYO salad’ game is about to go from a 9 to a 10!
Okay let’s dive in, I’m starving all over again.
Join the foodie family! – Get awesome recipes sent straight to your inbox by signing up to my Weekly Mailing List (where you’ll receive your FREE ECOOKBOOK) and stay in touch on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! 🧡
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad (Full Recipe & Video)
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
Ingredients (check list):
- 8.8oz / 250g Short Cut Pasta
- 1 cup / 250ml Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup / 125ml Sour Cream
- handful of Fresh Parsley, finely diced (save some to garnish)
- squeeze of Lemon Juice
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cooked, cooled & chopped
- 8 rashers of Bacon, cooked, cooled & chopped
- 1/2 cup / 65g Cheddar Cheese, cubed
- 2 Green Onions, finely diced
- 1 rib of Celery, finely diced
- Pop your pasta into salted boiling water and cook according to packet instructions. Drain and rinse will cold water.
- Meanwhile, combine your sauce ingredients in a bowl and taste test for seasoning.
- In a large bowl, add your pasta and mix in your fillings and sauce.
- Cover and pop in the fridge or enjoy straight away!
Quick 1 min demo!
For more ways to use leftover chicken, check out my Shredded Buffalo Chicken Wraps!