This Tomato Peach Salad is an absolute show stopper. Better still, it’s a breeze to make!
If you’ve ever had a Panzanella salad before, this is somewhat similar. Besides the obvious addition of peach. Hey, Peach Panzanella maybe? Too late, we’ve gone with Tomato Peach Salad 😂 Follow me…
Bring on the Beige!
Salads are an opportunity to load in as many colourful ingredients as possible. But let’s not act like some of the best food in life isn’t beige 😅. This salad does indeed have a few additions that are the colour of beige, but for good reason, of course.
So strictly speaking you could buy the croutons, but they’re way too easy not to make. I actually like to tear up a bagel for the croutons, but ciabatta or sourdough both work well too. No need to neatly slice, just use your hands to tear off small chunks. Keep it nice and rustic.
Prosciutto & Pine Nuts
The other two additions we’ve got are prosciutto and pine nuts, both of which are going to get baked alongside the croutons. You could keep the prosciutto as it is, but it crisps up so beautifully!
Process shots: tear bagel and coat in oil, garlic powder and salt (photo 1), add prosciutto then bake (photo 2), add pine nuts (photo 3), bake again (photo 4).
Tomato and Peach Salad
The tomatoes make up the bulk of this salad, so it’s important to present them at their tastiest. To do that, we’re going to marinate them. Marinating the tomatoes will inject some gorgeous flavour into them. It’ll also draw out moisture to help form the marinade. Only needs to be 30mins or so, or even just as you prep the rest of the salad!
Process shots: add extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt and pepper to bowl (photo 1), whisk to combine (photo 2), add red onion and tomatoes (photo 3), toss to combine (photo 4), add in croutons, prosciutto and pine nuts (photo 5), toss to combine (photo 6).
Serving Tomato Peach Salad
To finish, we’re going to nestle in some mozzarella and sprinkle over some fresh basil leaves! I tend to serve this in a large dish and have people tuck right in, but you could serve individual portions if you’d prefer.
Can I make this ahead of time?
I wouldn’t make the whole thing ahead of time, just because the prosciutto and croutons will go soft; but you can certainly marinate the tomatoes and tightly store in the fridge until needed, then crack on with the rest of the recipe just before serving.
Alrighty, let’s tuck into the full recipe for this peach tomato salad shall we?!
How to make Tomato Peach Salad (Full Recipe & Video)
Epic Tomato Peach Salad
- Large Mixing bowl & Whisk
- Baking Tray
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
- Serving Dish
Ingredients (check list):
- 4 medium Tomatoes, diced into 8 wedges each (14oz/400g total)
- 2 medium/large Peaches, diced into 16 thin wedges each (approx 4oz/120g each)
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus a drizzle more for croutons
- 1.5 tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar (see notes)
- 1 small bunch of Fresh Basil, 1 heaped tbsp finely diced + a handful of leaves to serve
- 1x 5oz/150g ball of Mozzarella, or similar size (can sub Burrata)
- 4 slices of Prosciutto
- 1 Bagel (can sub 3.5oz/100g sourdough or ciabatta)
- 2 tbsp Pine Nuts
- 1/2 small Red Onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp EACH: Salt, Black Pepper (plus more salt for croutons)
- pinch of Garlic Powder, for croutons
- Marinade: In a large mixing bowl whisk together 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1.5 tbsp vinegar, 1 heaped tbsp finely diced basil and 1/4 tsp salt & black pepper. Toss in sliced tomatoes and onion, then leave to marinate for around 30mins, or until the onion softens and a small pool of tomato juice forms at the bottom of the bowl. Toss every now and then.
- Croutons: Meanwhile, tear the bagel into small bite-sized pieces onto a baking tray. Coat in a drizzle of olive oil, alongside a good pinch of salt and garlic powder. Tear each prosciutto slice into 3 or 4 pieces and scrunch up between the croutons on the tray. Place in the oven at 350F/180C for 10mins, or until the bagel turns golden. Take the tray out, sprinkle over 2 tbsp pine nuts and place back in the oven for 2-3mins, or until they turn deep golden (careful, they'll burn quickly!). Remove and leave everything to cool for a few mins.
- Salad: Once the croutons, prosciutto and pine nuts are room temp add them to the tomatoes alongside the sliced peach. Give everything a good toss.
- Serve: Pour into a serving dish and sprinkle over a handful of fresh basil leaves. Tear the mozzarella into chunks and nestle it into the salad. Serve up and enjoy!
Quick 1 min demo!
Your Private Notes:
If you like the look of this recipe I’ve got a suspicion you might like my Tomato Burrata Salad!
For more similar recipes check out these beauties:
Summer Salad Recipes
- Watermelon Mozzarella Salad
- Creamy Broccoli Salad
- Chicken Waldorf Salad Bites
- Spicy Mango Chicken Salad
- Pesto Pasta Salad
If you loved this Tomato Peach Salad Recipe then be sure to Pin it for later! Already made it or got a question? Give me a shout in the comments and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!