Cranberry Bacon Brie Grilled Cheese – The perfect combination celebrating the beauty of salty and sweet. The only way you’ll ever want to use up leftover cranberry sauce!
Ya’ll, I’ve cracked the code. I’ve found THE best grilled cheese combo. Cranberry, Bacon and Brie. If you haven’t heard of or tried this combo before, your grilled cheese game is about to get real intense, real quick.
We all know sweet and salt go together perfectly and this combo illustrates that to a tee.
The sweetness and slight tartness of the cranberry sauce takes on the flavours of the salty, streaky bacon so well. Then you chuck in some thick wedges a Brie and the whole thing just takes off. Subtle and creamy, the Brie completely marries the flavours together beautifully.
Ingredients for the perfect Brie Grilled Cheese
- Thick White Bread
- Streaky Bacon
- Cranberry Sauce
- Chilli Flakes
I know you’re probably thinking ‘huh, chilli flakes!?’
Yup! Lemme explain..
When I first tested this recipe I didn’t add any spice and instantly knew something was missing. The cranberry sauce almost became overpowering and was a little too sweet for a grilled cheese. The chilli gives a much needed kick to the whole thing and balances out the sweetness of the cranberry perfectly. In fact, it goes further than just balancing the flavours, it’s adds a beautiful warmth that the cranberry takes on so well.
Even if you don’t do spice, just an incy sprinkle will do wonders. Give it a go, you’ll see what I mean.
How to make a Grilled Cheese in a pan
- Spread one side of your bread with butter and place it butter side down on a griddle or pan, with the heat OFF.
- Start stacking your ingredients. In this case I’ve got cranberry, brie, chilli flakes, bacon then finished with a second buttered slice off bread on top.
- Switch on the heat and fry each side until golden brown and the centre is ooey gooey.
The great thing about grilled cheese recipes is that they’re so quick and easy to whip up. I’ve never owned a toastie machine, frying them up in a griddle or regular pan works just perfectly.
The other thing about this cranberry bacon brie grilled cheese recipe is that it’s a perfect opportunity to use up any leftover cranberry sauce.
If you’re anything like me then you’ve always got a pot of cranberry sauce in the fridge just screaming to be used, but can never find the opportunity.
Well, here’s your solution. And a delicious solution at that.
Tips for the perfect Grilled Cheese
Every great grilled cheese recipe starts with a great loaf of bread. So pick your favourite bread! Most grilled cheese recipes suggest avoiding thick slices of bread, but I find that if you grill it low and slow the cheese melts perfectly. Just stay away from bread with holes in it like Ciabatta, for obvious reasons.
Ditch the mayo and always go with butter. Let this fillings do the talking with the neutral taste of butter on the outside.
3. Low ‘n’ Slow
Grill over a medium or low-medium heat to allow the bread to toast at the same rate the cheese melts in the centre.
Whether it’s for lunch, thanksgiving or just a heavenly snack, the Cranberry Brie Bacon grilled cheese has you sorted. The perfect balance of flavours to warm your soul in the colder months.
Okay, let’s tuck into the recipe shall we?
Join the foodie family! – Get awesome recipes sent straight to your inbox by signing up to my Weekly Mailing List (where you’ll receive your FREE ECOOKBOOK) and stay in touch on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! 🧡
How to make a Cranberry Bacon Brie Grilled Cheese (Full Recipe & Video)
Cranberry Bacon Brie Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices Thick White Bread
- 6-8 rashers of Streaky Bacon, cooked to desired texture
- 6-8 wedges of Brie
- 2 tbsp Cranberry Sauce
- 2 pinches Chilli Flakes
- 4 'spreads' Butter
- Lightly spread butter over one side of each slice of bread. Place them (butter side down) onto a pan, making sure the heat is off at this point.
- Spread your Cranberry sauce first, then place your Brie, followed by Bacon topped with Chilli Flakes. Top with your final two slices of bread, squish down with your hands then butter the top.
- Turn on heat and fry each side for around 5-6mins over medium heat, or until golden brown on the outside and gooey in the middle.
Quick 1 min demo!
After more Grilled Cheese recipes? Check out my Maple Bacon Grilled Cheese!