These croissants are filled with brie, a quick homemade blackberry jam and crispy bacon. Stuffed croissants don’t come more delicious than this!
The ULTIMATE Croissant Sandwich!
I know, can I not just upload a regular sandwich to this blog? 😂Quite frankly I think the answer is a solid NO. Todays victim – the Croissant.
Croissants tend to be stuffed with savoury ingredients (turkey, eggs, ham etc). I really wanted to put my own twist on these, and play on the balance of sweet and savoury. If you’ve been a reader of mine for a while you’ll have noticed I don’t do sweets, this is generally about as sweet as it gets 😂
Not convinced? Follow me 😏
Blackberry jam is actually incredibly quick and easy to make. And all you need is 3 ingredients:
- Lemon Juice
A lot of jams use pectin to thicken, but this is a much quicker, more rough and ready (but still insanely tasty) version! The berries naturally have pectin, which alongside a bit of acidity will set the jam enough to spread.
Can I use store bought jam?
Can I use frozen berries?
Yup! Just keep the heat very low in the first instance (without the sugar) just to thaw the berries, then continue as stated.
How to make Blackberry Jam (quick summary)
- Add all ingredients to a pot on low-medium heat.
- Mash with potato masher.
- Turn up heat and simmer until thickened.
You’re looking to get 4 large all butter croissants. If you can get them fresh out the bakery then awesome, but if not just invest in some good quality croissants (as they are the star of the show!).
From there, just slice the croissant through the centre, making sure you leave some intact at the end to keep everything together. Stuff in your ingredients, folder over and pop in the oven.
Placing them in the oven is really just to warm them through and melt the cheese, as they’re already cooked.
And there we have it! You’ll never quite look at croissants the same again, but all for a good cause 🤣
If you’re looking for more crazy sandwiches then check out these beauties:
Gourmet Sandwich Recipes
- Egg in a Hole Bacon Sandwich
- The Ultimate Halloumi Sandwich
- Mega Chicken Pesto Grilled Cheese
- Chicken Katsu Sushi Sandwich
Alrighty, let’s tuck into the full recipe for these filled croissants shall we?!
How to make Filled Croissants (Full Recipe & Video)
Brie, Blackberry and Bacon Filled Croissants
- Large Baking Tray
- Medium Pot or Deep Pan & Wooden Spoon
- Potato Masher
- Bread Knife
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
Ingredients (check list):
- 4 large All Butter Croissants
- 8 rashers of Bacon, cooked to preference
- 7oz / 200g Brie, sliced into wedges
- 2 heaping cups / 300g Blackberries
- 4 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 Lemon, juice only (2 tbsp)
- Salt, to taste
- In a medium sized pot or pan over low-medium heat, add 2 heaping cups of blackberries, 4 tbsp sugar, the juice of 1 lemon and a pinch of salt (to taste). With a potato masher gently burst all the berries until a thin sauce forms.
- Crank up the heat to medium-high and allow the sauce to bubble and reduce until thickened, stirring frequently. The sauce will thicken, just keep bubbling and stirring. It will continue thickening once it cools.
- With a bread knife, carefully slice through the centre of your croissants, leaving a bit at the end to keep everything intact. Spread jam, top with brie wedges, then finish with bacon. Fold top over and space out on a baking tray.
- Pop in the oven at 180C/356F for 5mins, or until the brie is melted and begins pouring out. Enjoy!
Quick 1 min demo!
Your Private Notes:
If you loved this Filled Croissants Recipe then be sure to Pin it for later! Already made it or got a question? Give me a shout in the comments and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!