The flavours in these Stuffed Avocado with Prawns and Mango Salsa are heavenly. The perfect low carb lunch which are SO quick and easy to whip up!
If you’ve been a reader for a while you probably nearly collapsed when you saw this upload. It was only yesterday the Penne Alfredo with Bacon and Sundried Tomato went live and what a contrast that is to this recipe. Hey, sometimes I like a low-carb low-cal kinda deal. After all, comfort food is key and these are comforting nevertheless!
The thing I love most about these stuffed avos (beside the fact they’re so pretty to look at) is that they’re so quick and easy to make. The only skill involved is simply trying not to eat all the ingredients before you’ve constructed them!
Every layer of these stuffed avocados are bursting with colour and flavour, and it all starts with the prawns themselves. Here I simply pop them in some sweet chilli sauce and marinade whilst getting started on the avocado and mango salsa. This will enhance the natural sweetness of the prawns and pair perfectly with the mango salsa.
Speaking of mango salsa, shall we?
The flavours of the salsa itself are balanced so beautifully. You’ve got the sweetness of the mango, balanced with the acidity of the lime and onion, paired with the heat from the chilli and fresh blasts of coriander. All wrapped up with the creaminess of the avocado. Can’t beat it.
Sure, you could serve up the salsa and prawns in bowls, but that means more washing up. Besides, they look so pretty in the avocado shells.
I tend to leave a little avocado in the shell firstly to help hold shape, but most importantly by the time you’ve finished eating the prawns and salsa, the juices sink to the bottom and coat the leftover avocado. By that point it’s time to just grab a spoon and don’t look back.
It was actually really hard to photograph these beauties. I was kinda staring at them, reaching for a fork with one hand and wiping drool with the other. The flavours in this little avocado ‘bowl’ of goodness are so heavenly and I just wanted to tuck right in.
All in all these are so great to look at and even better to demolish. The perfect low carb lunch and an easy way to impressive at your next foodie gathering. Bursting with colour and flavour, there’s no way you can’t give these stuffed avocado with prawns and mango salsa a go. (recipe below)
Join the foodie family! – Get awesome recipes sent straight to your inbox by signing up to my Weekly Mailing List (where you’ll receive your FREE ECOOKBOOK) and stay in touch on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! 🧡
How to make Stuffed Avocado with Prawns and Mango Salsa (Full Recipe & Video)
Stuffed Avocado with Prawns and Mango Salsa
- 2 large Avocados halved & destoned
- 12 Prawns cooked/thawed as necessary
- 3-4 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 Fresh Mango destoned & finely diced
- 1 Red Onion finely diced
- 1 Red Chilli deseeded & finely diced
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander finely diced
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Good drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Before you get started on chopping your ingredients, pop your Prawns and Sweet Chilli Sauce in a bowl, coat well and leave to marinate whilst preparing the salsa.
- Carefully scoop out some of the Avocado from the pitted area, finely dice and combine in a bowl with your Mango, Onion, Chilli, Coriander, Lime Juice, Olive Oil and Seasoning.
- Season the Avocado left in the skin.
- Scoop back the salsa in to your Avocado skins and top with 3 Prawns per Avocado half.
Quick 1 min demo!
Love yourself some Avocado? Check out my Cafe Style Smashed Avocado on Toast!