These Ham, Cheese and Egg Cups are baked in Tortilla Wraps for the ultimate hand held breakfast or brunch!
If you’re looking for an easy way to feed a crowd, these egg cups are absolutely perfect! Plus they’re ridiculously quick and easy to make. Follow me…
For the outside of the cup you’ll need large (burrito sized) flour tortillas. Corn tortillas are not suitable as they tend to crack when you tightly fold them.
From there you’ll need to slice smaller circles. You can use a cookie cutter, small pot, glass, anything like that. You’re looking for them to be around 4.5″/12cm.
Can I make these without tortillas?
You can use the ham as the cup and leave out the tortilla if you wish. I do much prefer them with the crispy tortilla outer cup though.
Ham, Cheese and Egg Cups
I recommend patting the ham slices dry with paper towels if they contain excess moisture. You want the slices fairly dry or they make the tortilla cups soggy.
You can really choose any cheese you fancy. Swiss works great, as does Cheddar. You’ll want square slices so they help create the ‘cup’ for the egg. Grated cheese doesn’t work as well here.
Give them a good seasoning of salt and pepper before they go in the oven. Medium sized eggs here are a better fit than large eggs.
Serving Ham Egg Cups
Once they’re baked you’ll want to give them a good sprinkling of chives. These add a nice extra layer of flavour, so I definitely recommend adding them!
In terms of what to serve with them, they work great by themselves as a quick breakfast or brunch, but you could serve them with a little side salad for lunch.
And there we have it! All my top tips for the perfect ham egg cups.
For more similar recipes check out these beauties too:
Egg Breakfast Recipes
- Egg and Bacon Sandwich
- Smashed Avocado on Toast
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Skillet
- Egg in a Hole Breakfast Bagel
Alrighty, let’s tuck into the full recipe for these ham egg cups shall we!?
How to make Ham, Cheese & Egg Cups (Full Recipe & Video)
Ham, Cheese and Egg Tortilla Cups
- 12 Hole Greaseproof Muffin Tray
- 4.5"/12cm Cookie Cutter (or small bowl)
- Sharp Knife and Chopping Board
Ingredients (check list):
- 4 Burrito Sized Flour Tortilla Wraps
- 12 square slices of Cheese (of choice)
- 12 slices of Ham
- 12 medium Eggs
- Fresh Chives, finely diced (to serve)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Use a 4.5"/12cm cookie cutter or cut around a similar sized pot, glass or bowl to create 3 mini tortilla circles from your 4 large tortillas (12 mini in total).
- Fold them into the muffin holes (lightly grease if needed) then fold in cheese slices. If you're ham is wet/overly moist I recommend patting dry with paper towels, otherwise it may release too much moisture into the cups. Fold in your ham slices, push around the edges to make room, then crack in the eggs.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, then pop in the oven at 375F/190C for 15-20mins, or until completely cooked through, or the yolk is cooked to your preference. I usually sacrifice one to test when the white is fully set.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve them up!
Quick 1 min demo!
Your Private Notes:
If you loved this Egg Cups Recipe then be sure to Pin it for later! Already made it or got a question? Give me a shout in the comments and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!