This Homemade Burger Sauce truly couldn’t be easier to make. What’s best is you’ve probably got all the ingredients on hand already!
Look, I’m an absolute sucker for Big Mac sauce, I really am. But once you start making your own burger sauce I promise you’ll never go back. It’s smooth and creamy, yet tangy and bursting with flavour. Not convinced? Follow me…
The BEST Burger Sauce
I mean, in my humble opinion of course. First things first, let’s see what you’ll need:
Burger Sauce Ingredients
- Mayo – Full Fat, don’t sub sour cream, yoghurt etc.
- Ketchup – Avoid any brands which you know are particularly vinegary.
- Mustard – I usually go Dijon, because that’s what’s usually knocking about in my fridge. But the Classic Yellow mustard works great.
- Pickle Juice – Offers acidity and gives that classic burger/pickle combo.
- Onion Powder – I prefer a smooth burger sauce, so use powder. But you could use a small amount of finely minced shallot/white onion.
A lot of recipes use minced pickles or pickle relish in the sauce, but again I prefer a smoother sauce. You can sub the pickle juice for minced pickles and some sort of acidity (preferably white vinegar) or just pickle relish.
How to make Burger Sauce
It truly is as easy as combining in a bowl and Bob’s your uncle. I do recommend letting the sauce rest in the fridge before serving, just to allow the flavours to marry together. This also helps if you’ve got dried onion to allow it to soften into the sauce.
Burger sauce is incredibly easy to customise too, so do feel free to tweak to your tastebuds. I.e for a more creamy sauce add more mayo, a sweeter sauce add a pinch more sugar, or a more ‘tangy’ sauce add a dash more acidity etc.
How long does Burger Sauce keep?
Like most condiments burger sauce has a long shelf life if keep tightly sealed in the fridge. I usually keep mine for around 3-4days, but feel free to store for a lot longer at your discretion. If at all in doubt just look at the shelf life of the mayo, ketchup and mustard you use.
How to use Burger Sauce
This sauce also goes incredibly on my Breakfast Burgers too!
If you’re looking for another delicious copy cat recipe then definitely check out my Domino’s Style Garlic and Herb Dip. But for now, let’s tuck into the full burger sauce recipe shall we?
How to make Burger Sauce (Full Recipe & Video)
- Medium Sized Mixing Bowl
Ingredients (check list):
- 4 tbsp Full Fat Mayo
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 2 tsp Mustard (I use Dijon, but Classic Yellow works great)
- 2 tsp Pickle Juice (Gherkin in UK, Dill Pickle in US)
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sugar (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- Add all of your ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Adjust seasoning to preference then tightly cover and pop in the fridge, or serve right away!
Quick 1 min demo!
Your Private Notes:
If you loved this Burger Sauce Recipe then be sure to pin it for later! Already made them or got a question? Give me a shout in the comments below and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!