‘The flavours in this Sweet Chilli Prawn Avocado and Mango Salad are heavenly. The perfect healthy brunch or lunch which is SO quick and easy to whip up.’
It wasn’t too long ago that I actually wrote an article on the most unique salads. In hindsight, I should have maybe put this recipe on. It’s such a unique combination of textures and flavours and one we don’t see often enough. But modesty sadly triumphed. Avocado and mango is one of my favourite salads. Ugh, so sweet, yet tangy and bursting with colour. I top literally everything with the stuff, from burgers and hotdogs to salmon and well, now avocados and prawns apparently.
This is such a neat plating idea, it was actually really hard to photograph. I was kinda staring at it, reaching for a fork with one hand and wiping drool with the other. The flavours in this little avocado ‘bowl’ of goodness are heavenly and I just wanted to tuck right in.
The onion and lime help create the perfect balance to the sweet prawns and mango, all wrapped together with a nice little twang from the fresh chilli.
This sweet chilli prawn avocado and mango salad ain’t just a pretty face people. The perfect healthy brunch or lunch which are SO quick and easy to whip up. And hey, less washing up right?
From the recipe below you will get 4, but if you manage to share between 4 people you’re a better person than I’ll ever be. Enjoy!
'The flavours in this Sweet Chilli Prawn Avocado and Mango Salad are heavenly. The perfect healthy brunch or lunch which is SO quick and easy to whip up'
- 2 Hass Avocados halved & destoned
- 12 Prawns cooked/thawed as necessary
- 50 ml (3-4 tbsp) Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 Fresh Mango destoned & finely diced
- 1 Red Onion finely diced
- 1 Red Chilli deseeded & finely diced
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander finely diced
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Good drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Before you get started on chopping your ingredients, pop your Prawns and Sweet Chilli Sauce in a bowl, coat well and leave to marinate.
- Carefully scoop out some of the Avocado from the pitted area, finely dice and combine in a bowl with your Mango, Onion, Chilli, Coriander, Lime Juice, Olive Oil and Seasoning.
- Scoop back in to your Avocado skins and top with 3 Prawns per Avocado half.
Aim to get slightly firmer Avocados and Mango than your usual. This will help hold shape and ensure the salad doesn't turn mushy when combined.
Love a quirky summer salad? You’ll love my Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Grilled Pineapple Salsa!
Cheers guys, this has been ‘ Sweet Chilli Prawn Avocado and Mango Salad ’ Comment, share, do whatever you fancy but for crying out loud don’t go bacon my heart. See you next time 🙂