Watermelon and Feta Salad with a Lime/Olive Oil dressing and fresh blasts of Mint. An incredibly flavoursome and beautifully simple way to serve a watermelon salad.
Admittedly when I first found out watermelon and feta was a thing, I was a tad confused. But in all honesty after trying it out I’ve completely fallen in love. Here’s my take on the infamous watermelon and feta salad! Cubed of course, just because I’m extra. Follow me…
Watermelon and Feta Salad
The sweetness from the watermelon in this dish compliments the salty and tangy flavours from the feta so beautifully. This, with a punch of citrus from the lime and the silky textures of the oil brings something quite heavenly to the table.
Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint
When you add mint to the table, you’ve got a whole different thing going on. The mint, and just a little bit of it, will add a gorgeous fresh blast to the salad which will balance the sweet, salty and acidic flavours. Fresh mint every time and just 2 large leaves is all you’ll need. You don’t want to overpower the dish.
Cubed Watermelon Salad
Now here’s where things get extra 🤣 You could go for the standard watermelon chunks and crumbled feta, but how darn cute are the watermelon feta salad squares!? I usually make this salad as a starter, so it’s nice to serve it a little funky. To start, all you need to do is slice a disk in the watermelon the same width as a block of feta.
How to cube a Watermelon Feta Salad (quick summary)
- Lay your watermelon disk on a chopping board.
- Place a block of feta on top.
- Slice a 3×3 grid.
- Carefully remove outer disk.
- Place in a checkered pattern on a plate.
Watermelon and Feta Salad Toppings
When it comes to what to serve with this salad, I usually add a dressing of lime juice and extra virgin olive oil, just to keep it simple. However, if you’re looking for an extra little ‘something’, here’s some optional toppings I have personally added and loved:
- Crushed Pistachios
- Diced Cucumber
- Thinly Sliced Red Onion
Leftover watermelon? Not a problem!
Just so the rest of the watermelon doesn’t go to waste, check out my other recipes!
Leftover Watermelon Recipes
Okay, let’s tuck into this watermelon feta salad recipe shall we?!
How to make Watermelon and Feta Salad (Full Recipe and Video)
Watermelon and Feta Salad
- Sharp Knife
- Chopping Board
- Square Plates (optional)
Ingredients (check list):
- 7oz / 200g block of Feta
- 1 Watermelon
- 2 large fresh Mint Leaves, finely diced
- squeeze of Lime Juice
- drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- Place feta over the watermelon and slice guidelines to how thick the feta is. Slice a disk with that same width (see video for guidance).
- Place the feta on top of the watermelon disk and carefully slice a 3x3 grid.
- Arrange in a checkered pattern on a plate.
- Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil and lime juice, sprinkle over your mint and finish with a pinch of salt and pepper (all to taste).
Quick 1 min demo!
If you loved this watermelon and feta salad recipe then be sure to pin it for later! Already made it or got a question? Give me a shout in the comments and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!