Looking for a delicious and easy dinner recipe? Look no further than this hearty Sausage Tray Bake. Roasted in a sticky honey mustard sauce, it’s definitely one to add to your rotation dinners!
Don’t you just love a one pan meal? I say this after a full day of recipe development and about 2 hours of washing up 😅 Quite possibly maybe definitely the inspiration for this recipe! Any who, let’s see what you’ll need for this sausage tray bake shall we?
Sausage Tray Bake Ingredients
- Pork Sausages
- Baby Potatoes
- Rosemary & Thyme
- Honey Mustard Sauce
For me, this is a marriage of ingredients that you simply can’t beat, and it’s all there to celebrate the main event – the sausages.
Pork and Fennel – Yep.
Pork and Rosemary/Thyme – Oh yes!
Pork and Apple – *drools*
Pork and Honey Mustard Sauce – NOW we’re talking!
You get the point 🤣
Honey Mustard Sauce Ingredients
- Dijon Mustard
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Black Pepper
Like I said, pork and fennel really is a match made in heaven. However, it definitely is an acquired taste. If you’ve never had fennel before, I usually describe the taste as quite similar to liquorice, with anise-like flavour.
I personally LOVE it, but if you’re not keen or not sure you’d like it please leave it out. I’d sub a pepper/capsicum instead.
When it comes to making a sausage tray bake, just like my Spanish Chicken Tray Bake, it truly couldn’t be easier!
How to make Honey Mustard Sausage Tray Bake
- Combine all of your tray bake ingredients in a suitably sized oven tray.
- Pour over Honey Mustard Sauce.
- Combine and pop in the oven until the sausages begin to brown.
- Take tray out, flip sausages and slot in apple wedges, then bake again until golden and sticky.
What type of sausages to use?
Most sausage recipes I see as an opportunity to throw my Homemade Sausages into the ring. However, a tray bake is based on convenience, so store bought sausages are perfect for this recipe.
I usually go for a good quality Cumberland sausage, but you really can go for any variety you fancy.
However, I do recommend sticking with pork sausages, for all the reasons I ranted on about near the top of this post 😂
What variety of apple to use?
For this recipe I usually go for green apples, just because I like the sharper taste with the pork and as a nice contrast to the sweet honey. However you can definitely use a sweeter variety of apple if you fancy!
Right, shall we tuck into the full recipe? I think so 😏
Join the foodie family! – Get awesome recipes sent straight to your inbox by signing up to my Weekly Mailing List (where you’ll receive your FREE ECOOKBOOK) and stay in touch on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! 🧡
How to make a Sausage Tray Bake with Sticky Honey Mustard Sauce (Full Recipe & Video)
Sticky Sausage Tray Bake in a Honey Mustard Sauce
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- 8 Pork Sausages
- 15-20 Baby Potatoes, sliced in half
- 3 small Red Onions, Quartered
- 1 Apple, sliced into thick wedges (see notes)
- 1 bulb of Fennel, sliced (see notes)
- few sprigs of Rosemary and Thyme
- In a bowl, combine your honey mustard sauce ingredients. Place to one side.
- In a suitably sized tray, add all of your tray bake ingredients and combine with your sauce. Stab the sausages a few times, then pop in the oven at 190c/375f for 20mins, just until the sausages start to brown.
- Take out the oven and slot in your apple wedges. Flip your sausages and pop back in the oven for another 15-20mins, or until the sausages and nicely browned and the sauce is sticky. This may take longer, but don't be tempted to turn up the temp as the honey will burn.
Quick 1 min demo!
Looking for another sausage dinner recipe? Check out my Toad in the Hole!