When two worlds collide – Twice Baked Potatoes loaded with a creamy dreamy Jalapeño Popper filling. Food comas have never been more delicious!
And by delicious I mean if you’re on a diet or any sort of health kick, exist browser now. This will hurt your waistline in ways unimaginable. Everyone else, follow me. You’re in for a treat.
Loaded Baked Potatoes
It wasn’t too long ago I uploaded my Mini Twice Baked Potatoes, but ‘not too long’ is simply too long. I needed to go bigger.
Welcome to the stage – Jalapeño Popper Loaded Baked Potatoes.
I know, I know. I’m drooling too.
Before we get into the details, let me give you a quick run-down of how easy these are to make.
How to make Loaded Potatoes
- Cover potato in a drizzle of olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Bake until golden.
- Slice off the top, then scoop out most of the middle.
- Combine in a bowl with your fillings.
- Mix until smooth.
- Place back in the potato skins, top with any remaining ingredients and bake again.
Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Potatoes
When it comes to the filling, jalapeño popper was a no brainer. Mainly because I’m addicted to jalapeños, but also because cream cheese, jalapeños, cheese and bacon tend to go horrendously well with potato.
Can you use jarred Jalapeños?
Unfortunately pickled/jarred jalapeños are not suitable for this recipe. The vinegar/brine soaks into the potato and gives an odd taste once they’re cooked. Fresh jalapeños all the way!
How much Jalapeño to use?
From experience, jalapeños differ a lot in their spice levels, so it’s always a tricky one. After testing this several times I found 2-3 jalapeños hit to sweet spot of not too spicy, not too mild. However work to preference and reduce/increase as necessary.
Alright, spuds are baked, let’s talk toppings. Because all that filling simply ain’t enough 🤣
Loaded Potato Toppings
- Extra Bacon
- Extra Cheddar
- Extra jalapeño
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Chives
This time around I served it with chicken tenders and a leafy salad. But realistically this bad boy is good to go by itself. VERY filling.
And there we have it! Your food coma ready and waiting.
Let’s tuck into the recipe shall we?
Join the foodie family! – Get awesome recipes sent straight to your inbox by signing up to my Weekly Mailing List (where you’ll receive your FREE ECOOKBOOK) and stay in touch on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! 🧡
How to make Jalapeño Popper Loaded Potatoes (Full Recipe & Video)
Jalapeño Popper Loaded Potatoes
- 4 large Baking Potatoes, stabbed a few times with a fork
- 9oz / 250g Streaky Bacon, cooked & chopped
- 5.3oz / 150g Cheddar, grated
- 5.3oz / 150g Cream Cheese
- 3 fresh Jalapeños, deseeded & finely diced (see notes)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Sour Cream, to serve
- Fresh Chives, to serve
- Coat potatoes in a drizzle of olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Place in the oven at 356f/180c for 60-70mins, or until deep golden and fork tender.
- Once cool enough to handle, slice off the top (3/4 of the way up) and scoop out most of the centre, leaving a thin wall to keep the potato sturdy.
- Combine the filling with cream cheese, garlic powder, butter, a good pinch of salt and pepper (to taste) and most of your cheddar, bacon & jalapeños (save some to top).
- Evenly divide the filling among your potato skins, then top with your remaining cheddar, bacon and jalapeños. Place back in the oven at 430f/220c for 15mins or until the cheese turns nice and crispy.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chives.
Quick 1 min demo!
After more jalapeño popper recipes? Check out my Crispy Baked Jalapeño Poppers