These Mini Twice Baked Potatoes are loaded with bacon and served with sour cream and fresh chives. Say hello to your new favourite finger food!
And when I say ‘say hello’ what I really mean is say goodbye… To your diet. These are so delicious and beyond addictive, so prepare not to share 😁
Look, you may not want to share these, but in reality they do make the perfect sharing appetizer.
Whether it’s as a game day snack, a dinner party sharing starter OR just as an appetizer for a gathering, these mini loaded potatoes are perfect.
Before we get into what these beauties are loaded with, let’s see quickly how they’re made.
How to make Mini Twice Baked Potatoes
- Place baby potatoes on an oven tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle over a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven until golden, crispy and fork tender.
- Slice in half, scoop out most of the centre and mash with your loaded ingredients. Pop back in the skins and grill.
It really is that easy!
So, let’s talk filling…
Twice baked potato ingredients
- Garlic Powder
I know, healthy right? 😂
In my humble opinion you really can’t beat those 5 ingredients. However, if you wanted to switch things up you could consider subbing cream cheese, smoked paprika, jalapeno or onion powder.
A lot of similar recipes add sour cream, and that I do agree with. However, most recipes use it IN the loaded potatoes. For me I prefer heavy cream on the inside and sour cream drizzled over the top, you know, just because I like to take things too far.
But for real, these deserve a dip and that dip deserves to be sour cream.
Other dips for Mini Twice Baked Potatoes
Can I make these using regular sized potatoes?
You absolutely can yes.
For this recipe I use 10 baby potatoes, which works out to be around 350g/12oz. If you’re using regular potatoes then just weigh them and adjust the filling size accordingly.
In terms of cooking time, check out my guide to the perfect baked potato and finish by grilling, just like these mini versions.
Okay, let’s dive into the recipe shall we?
Join the foodie family! – Get awesome recipes sent straight to your inbox by signing up to my Weekly Mailing List (where you’ll receive your FREE ECOOKBOOK) and stay in touch on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! 🧡
How to make Mini Twice Baked Potatoes (Full Recipe & Video)
Mini Twice Baked Loaded Potatoes
Ingredients (check list):
- 10 large Baby Potatoes
- 3.5oz / 100g Bacon, cooked to preference and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup / 35g Cheddar, grated
- 1/4 cup / 60ml Double/Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Sour Cream, to serve
- Fresh Chives, finely diced to serve
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil
- Combine your potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Roast in the oven at 220c/430f for 20mins or until golden, crispy and fork tender.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes then slice in half. With a tsp/knife, scoop the majority of the potato out, leaving a thin outer layer to keep the skins sturdy. Combine the scooped out filling with your bacon, cheese, cream, butter, garlic powder and seasoning to taste.
- Scoop 1 tsp of mixture back into each boat and place back on an oven tray. Pop them under the grill and broil for a few minutes until golden and crispy.
- Serve with sprinkled fresh chives and sour cream.
Quick 1 min demo!
Looking for a similar game day appetizer? Check out my Oven Baked Potato Wedges!