Here I share with you some simple tips and tricks to perfectly roasting garlic in the oven. PLUS so delicious recipes to use it in!
Oven Roasted Garlic
If you’ve never roasted garlic before your life is about to change forever. When you roast garlic you completely change to flavour and texture. It caramelizes and turn gorgeously sticky and sweet. The texture turns silky and soft. It’s just an all round good time.
We’ll chat about how to use it in just a sec, but first let’s see how easy it is to make.
How to Roast Garlic in the Oven (quick summary)
- Slice the tip off your garlic bulb to expose the cloves.
- Place on foil and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place in the oven until deep golden, sticky and caramelized.
- Unwrap and allow to cool for a few mins.
From there it’s just a case of peeling away any outer layers from the garlic bulb and squeezing out the roasted garlic.
Roasted Garlic Butter
One of my favourite things to do with roasted garlic is to make roasted garlic butter. Perfect to melt on a steak, even better on baked bread!
How to make Roasted Garlic Butter (quick summary)
- Mash roasted garlic with salt until completely smooth.
- Add butter, parsley, olive oil and seasoning.
- Mash until completely smooth.
And here’s my Roasted Garlic Bread Recipe if you fancied a ganders!
How to use Roasted Garlic
Beside turning it into roasted garlic butter and spreading it on bread, here’s another couple of ideas:
- Roasted Garlic Mac and Cheese – Cheese and garlic is a match made in heaven, we already know that. When you add pasta to the equation things get real good reaaaal quick 🤤
- Roasted Garlic Aioli – I don’t know about you, but sometimes I find aioli/garlic mayo a bit all-up-in-your-face-garlicy. Roasting the garlic beforehand mellows it out slightly and adds a gorgeous flavour.
- Roasted Garlic Sweet Potato Mash – Need I say more!?
- Creamy Roasted Garlic Chicken – This makes one of the most delicious and versatile dinners.
- Garlic Parmesan Sausage Orzo – A super delicious one pan dinner ready and waiting!
Alrighty, let’s tuck into this how to roast garlic recipe already!
How to Roast Garlic in the Oven (Full Recipe & Video)
How to Roast Garlic in the Oven
- Chopping Board
- Sharp Knife
- Aluminium Foil
Ingredients (check list):
- 1 large bulb of Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Slice the tip off the garlic bulb to expose all the cloves (only the tips, don't slice off too much).
- Drizzle with olive oil (1 tsp should suffice).
- Wrap in foil and place in the oven at 180c/356f for 45-60mins, or until knife tender, golden brown and caramelized. Don't be tempted to whack up the temp, low and slow is the aim of the game.
- Leave for a few minutes to cool down, then peel away the outer layers. Squeeze out as much as you can, making sure the outer peel doesn't mix in.
- Use as a spread or in a butter, stir through a cheese sauce or even in a dip!
Quick 1 min demo!
Your Private Notes:
If you loved this Roasted Garlic recipe be sure to pin it for later! Already made it or got a question? Give me a shout in the comments and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!