These Avocado Chicken Roll Ups are the perfect quick and easy lunch or snack! With Feta, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Red Onion, Tortilla Pinwheels have never tasted so good!
The BEST Tortilla Roll Ups
There’s a million and one different pinwheel/roll up fillings out there, but I promise this one is the most delicious (if I do say so myself 😋). Chicken and avocado is already a match made in heaven, but when you add a few more goodies in there and stuff in a wrap, you’re just asking for a food coma. Here’s what you’ll need:
Avocado Chicken Roll Up Ingredients
- Tortilla Wraps – 10″ flour tortillas work best.
- Avocado – Perfectly ripe and seasoned with lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.
- Chicken – Cooked & finely shredded.
- Feta, Sun Dried Tomato & Red Onion – All the goodies that take these roll ups to the next level!
These roll ups are perfect for an after school snack, an easy dish to add to a platter and great for a quick lunch.
Making Avocado Chicken Roll Ups
The main thing to consider when making tortilla roll ups is to keep your ingredients finely diced/shredded. You don’t want large chunks of chicken or avocado otherwise the wrap won’t roll evenly. With the same token it’s important to evenly distribute your ingredients so each roll up is blessed with the same amount.
When it comes to slicing the roll ups, I generally start from the centre and work my way out. You won’t use the very edges of the roll up, so working from where it’s firmest (the centre) makes more sense.
How thin to slice roll ups?
I tend to go with around 3/4″. You can go larger if you want bigger and less, but I don’t recommend slicing smaller otherwise they’ll be too flimsy to keep shape.
How to make Avocado Chicken Roll Ups (quick summary)
- Lay tortilla wrap.
- Spread avocado.
- Evenly distribute chicken.
- Top with feta, onion & sun dried tomato.
- Roll up.
- Slice from centre out.
Can I make roll ups ahead of time?
You can, but in this instance I don’t recommend making them too far in advance. Because they’re quite avocado heavy they will brown quite quickly. In any instance you’ll need to tightly cover or place them in an airtight container in the fridge. The lemon juice in the avocado will carry them through for the best part of a day if sealed correctly, but I don’t recommend any longer.
How to keep tortilla roll ups from getting soggy?
In general, you want to avoid water-heavy ingredients. It’s for this very reason I don’t recommend subbing sun dried tomatoes with regular tomatoes and certainly don’t add any sort of dressing.
If you liked the sound of these chicken avocado roll ups then definitely check out my chicken avocado pasta! Also check out these beauties if you’ve got a sec:
Delicious & Easy Chicken Wraps
Alrightly, let’s tuck into the full recipe shall we?!
How to make Avocado Chicken Rolls Ups (Full Recipe & Video)
Avocado Chicken Roll Ups
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
- Bread Knife
- Medium Bowl & Fork
Ingredients (check list):
- 2x 10" Tortilla Wraps
- 2 packed cups (~300g) Cooked/Leftover Chicken, shredded
- 2 medium Perfectly Ripe Avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup / 60g Crumbled Feta
- 8-10 Sun Dried Tomatoes, very finely diced
- 1/2 small Red Onion, very finely diced
- 1/2 Lemon, juice only (to taste)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, as needed
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado with a squeeze of lemon juice, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a hefty pinch of salt and pepper. Once smooth, place to one side.
- Lay out your tortilla wraps and evenly spread the avocado. Top with chicken, then feta, sun dried tomatoes and red onion. Finish with an extra pinch of seasoning.
- Roll up the tortilla and place seam side down. Use a bread knife to gently slice each wrap into 8 (roughly 3/4" slices). The very ends won't have enough filling to keep shape, so just eat them separately.
Quick 1 min demo!
Your Private Notes:
If you loved these Avocado Chicken Roll Ups then be sure to pin it for later! Already made them or got a question? Give me a shout in the comments below and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!