If there’s one recipe you need this Halloween it’s the Puking Pumpkin. Cause really, who doesn’t want a pumpkin throwing up guacamole all over Halloween?
Folks, it’s that time of the year again when we start making extremely questionable recipes in the name of Halloween. The puking pumpkin is no exception to that. It’s kinda beautiful though right? I mean as beautiful as a barfing pumpkin can be.
My usual go-to puking pumpkin recipe is just to pour guacamole on to a plate and pop some tortilla chips around (as above). But this year I thought I’d take things even further and to the whole thing into a tray of nachos. Because, well, why the heck not!?
I know, you’re still looking it like ‘that’s the grossest thing I’ve ever seen but god damn it I want nachos’. Yup, the dilemma never goes away, you just gotta dive straight in!
Anywho, if you’re making the nachos here’s my top tips:
Perfect nachos in the oven
- Arrange chips in a single layer so they all get covered in cheese.
- Use a sturdy chip such as corn chips to reduce the chance of them going soft.
- Only bake until the cheese is just melted. It’s nearly impossible to get a cheese pull with crispy cheese. The cheese will continue melting after they’re out the oven.
- Do not put the other toppings in the oven, nobody really likes warm guac.
With regards to carving the pumpkin I always advice drawing the outline first instead of going in blind. That and have a picture of what your want it to look like – my inspiration is always this emoji: 🤮
And it really is as simple as that!
The puking pumkin is so perfect for halloween because it’s so quick, easy and (grossly) delicious. I’m always so unprepared around halloween so this is without a doubt my go-to centre piece every year. Plus people love it.
Kinda grossly glorious right!?
However you choose to serve your puking pumpkin be sure to check out my homemade guacamole!
Puking Pumpkin Nachos (Full Recipe & Video)
Puking Pumpkin Nachos
Ingredients (check list):
- Cut out a small circle at the tip of the Pumpkin, big enough to comfortably fit your hand in. Using a spoon, scoop out all the center of the Pumpkin. Draw on the style of face you want, then carefully carve out.
- Arrange chips on a tray and evenly top with cheese. Pop in the oven at 180c/356f for 10-15mins or until the cheese is just melted.
- Pour over salsa, then sour cream and top with guac (making sure it's coming out of the pumpkin's mouth). Enjoy! 🙂
Quick 1 min demo!
Check out my Homemade Tortilla Chips to go with your Puking Pumpkin!