Looking for ways to use up leftover roast chicken? Look no further than this quick, easy and dang right delicious Chicken and Bacon Pasta!
I don’t know about you, but if there’s not leftover rotisserie chicken in my fridge somewhere then something is seriously wrong. A lot of the time I’ll just get a chicken and pop in straight in the fridge to distribute out in meals throughout the week. Meals JUST like this one. Because who doesn’t love a good chicken and bacon pasta!?
I’ve been meaning to put this recipe on my blog for so so long now, but always held back. Everyone has a signature quirky/’unconventional’ meal right? Okay cool, well yeah. This is one of them.
I literally make it all the time, it was only the other day my partner turned to me and asked if I’ve uploaded this before, to which I replied ‘I’m not sure if it’s blogworthy, is it?’. Pasta fell down his face and he stared blankly. That was my answer.
So, here it is! Let’s check out the ingredients..
Leftover Chicken and Bacon Pasta Ingredients
- Leftover Chicken
- Streaky Bacon
- Onion & Garlic
- Sour Cream
- Double/Heavy Cream
- Sweet Chilli Sauce & Chilli Flakes
The sweet chilli is freaking you out isn’t it!? Trust me, it’s a game changer.
How to make Leftover Chicken and Bacon Pasta
- Fry up bacon until it just begins to crisp.
- Add onion and fry until it softens.
- Add chicken and garlic, fry for a minute or so longer.
- Pour in sour cream and double/heavy cream.
- Stir through sweet chilli sauce and chilli flakes.
- Add cooked pasta & thin out with pasta water as needed.
It’s really as easy as that!
I don’t know about you but I love the combo of cream and spice; the sweet chilli sauce not only helps create this gorgeous combo, but also adds a nice bit of sweetness too, which in turn is balanced out nicely by the salty bacon/parmesan.
Can I make this with fresh chicken?
Absolutely! The way I recommend doing it is seasoning and frying up a chicken breast over medium-high heat until it’s JUST cooked through, then let it rest. Cook the bacon, onions and garlic, pour in the sauce ingredients, then slice your chicken into strips and add it in. This will ensure your chicken is flavoursome and doesn’t taste dried out. You could of course slice the chicken into bite sized chunks or even shred it with two forks.
‘What other leftover roast chicken recipes have you got to offer?’
Well, since you asked:
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Chicken Waldorf Salad Bites
- Mega Chicken Pesto Grilled Cheese
- Shredded Buffalo Chicken Wraps
And finally before we tuck into the full recipe, if you’re still after some pasta dishes that would welcome leftover roast chicken absolutely delightfully then check out these:
- Broccoli Pasta Bake
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- Creamy Avocado Pasta
- Penne Alfredo with Bacon and Sundried Tomato
- Spicy Bacon Mac and Cheese
Join the foodie family! – Get awesome recipes sent straight to your inbox by signing up to my Weekly Mailing List (where you’ll receive your FREE ECOOKBOOK) and stay in touch on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! 🧡
Leftover Roast Chicken and Bacon Pasta (Full Recipe & Video)
Leftover Roast Chicken and Bacon Pasta
- 7oz / 200g Penne Pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 4 rashers Streaky Bacon
- 1 small Onion, finely diced
- 1 clove Garlic, finely diced
- 1 cup / 150g Cooked Chicken, sliced to cubes
- 1/4 cup / 60ml Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup / 60ml Double/Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup / 60ml Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1/4 cup / 20g Parmesan, plus extra to serve
- pinch of Chilli Flakes
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Pop your pasta in salted boiling water and cook according to packet instructions. Retain a cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, fry your bacon in a drizzle of olive oil until it just begins to crisps, then add your onion. Fry until the onion begins to soften then add your garlic and fry for a minute or so longer.
- Add your chicken just to heat it through, then add your sour cream, double/heavy cream, sweet chilli sauce, chilli flakes and seasoning.
- Drain and stir through your pasta, then add your parmesan and give it a final stir. Thin out with pasta water if needed. Serve with an extra helping of parmesan and chilli flakes.
Quick 1 min demo!
Looking for another quick and easy creamy pasta dish? Check out my crazy popular Penne Alfredo with Bacon and Sundried Tomatoes!