These Mini Twice Baked Potatoes are loaded with bacon and served with sour cream and fresh chives. Say hello to your new favourite finger food!
And when I say ‘say hello’ what I really mean is say goodbye… To your diet. These are so delicious and beyond addictive, so prepare not to share 😁
Mini Twice Baked Potatoes
Look, you may not want to share these, but in reality they do make the perfect sharing appetizer. Whether it’s as a game day snack, a dinner party sharing starter OR just as an appetizer for a gathering, these mini loaded potatoes are perfect. Let‘s see quickly what you’ll need:
- Baby Potatoes – Try and get baby potatoes that are on the larger side of life, just so they’re easier to work with.
- Cream – Heavy Cream (US) Double Cream (UK).
- Cheese – I find a nice strong cheddar works great here, just to pack in some flavour!
- Bacon – Need I justify this?! Cooked to preference and diced nice and small.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted, just adjust the salt accordingly.
- Sour Cream & Chives – both to serve after the spuds are baked.
In my humble opinion you really can’t beat those 5 ingredients. However, if you wanted to switch things up you could consider subbing cream cheese, smoked paprika, jalapeños or onion powder.
Can I use regular sized potatoes?
You sure can – I recommend checking out my Jalapeño Popper Loaded Potatoes in such case. You can leave out the jalapeño if you’d prefer, apart from that the ingredients are similar.
How to make Mini Twice Baked Potatoes
These beauties truly couldn’t be easier to make. Roast them, slice them, load them, stuff them, then grill them. Or something along those lines.
Can I prep these ahead of time?
Yep! Perfect to prep ahead (up until grilling/broiling) and store in the fridge or freezer. Just make sure they’re completely cool before storing or they’ll steam and go soggy.
Can these be made and reheated?
Yes – Same again though, just make sure they’re cool before storing.
Process shots: Place baby potatoes on an oven tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle over a good pinch of salt and pepper (photo 1), roast in the oven until golden, crispy and fork tender (photo 2), slice in half, scoop out most of the centre and mash with your loaded ingredients. Pop back in the skins and grill (photo 3).
It really is that easy!
When it comes to serving, a good sprinkling of fresh chives go down perfectly. From there you can either drizzle over sour cream or serve it as a side dip. Up to you!
If you like the sound of these mini loaded potatoes then you’ll love Loaded Ranch Potatoes!
For more similar recipes have a ganders at these too:
Baby Potato Recipes
- Lemon Browned Butter Baby Potatoes
- Roasted Baby Potatoes
- EXTRA Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Baby Potato Salad
Alrighty, let’s tuck into the full recipe for these twice baked beauties shall we?!
How to make Mini Twice Baked Potatoes (Full Recipe & Video)
Mini Twice Baked Loaded Potatoes
- Medium Sized Baking Tray
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Cheese Grater
- Frying Pan (for bacon, or use oven)
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
Ingredients (check list):
- 10 large Baby Potatoes
- 3.5oz / 100g Bacon, cooked to preference and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup / 35g Cheddar, grated
- 1/4 cup / 60ml Double/Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Sour Cream, to serve
- Fresh Chives, finely diced to serve
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil, as needed
- Combine your potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Roast in the oven at 220C/430F for 20mins or until golden, crispy and fork tender.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes then slice in half. With a tsp/knife, scoop the majority of the potato out, leaving a thin outer layer to keep the skins sturdy. Combine the scooped out filling with your bacon, cheese, cream, butter, garlic powder and seasoning to taste.
- Scoop 1 tsp of mixture back into each boat and place back on an oven tray. Pop them under the grill and broil for a few minutes until golden and crispy.
- Serve with sprinkled fresh chives and sour cream.
Quick 1 min demo!
Your Private Notes:
If you loved this mini loaded potato recipe be sure to Pin it for later! Already made it or got a burning question? Give me a shout in the comments below and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!