These chorizo scrambled eggs are rich in flavour with a silky smooth texture. The perfect way to take your scrambled eggs to the next level!
Chorizo Scrambled Eggs
Because why just have regular scrambled eggs?! I mean, probably quite a few reasons. But, I’m here today to pitch to you why with just a few extra tweaks, these scrambled eggs will be the best you’ve ever had. Promise. First things first let’s see what you’ll need:
- Eggs – Large and as fresh as possible.
- Chorizo – Regular Spanish chorizo works great here. Diced into small quarters.
- Onion – White or red, finely diced.
- Chilli – Make sure it’s a mild chilli and make sure you deseed it. This will offer a very gentle background kick of spice.
- Butter – Helps create the rich flavour of these scrambled eggs.
- Smoked Paprika – Just a few pinches to finish, this will bring out the gorgeous smoky tones of the chorizo.
Soft and Creamy Scrambled Eggs
By cooking the eggs slowly over a low heat you help create a gorgeously creamy texture. By cooking low and slow you also completely change the flavour, they come out far richer and creamier. Hence why there’s no cream in sight in this recipe. Once you cook scrambled eggs this way I promise you’ll never rush them again.
Process Shots: add butter to pan (photo 1), melt (photo 2), add onion and chilli (photo 3), fry then add chorizo (photo 4), pour in eggs (photo 5), cook over very low heat until a custardy texture with curds forms (photo 6).
How to serve Chorizo Scrambled Eggs
Once you’ve cooked the eggs, add a few pinches of smoked paprika. From there, there’s 2 main ways I usually serve these eggs:
1. Chorizo Eggs on Toast
Nice large buttery slice of toast does the job here. If I’ve got any fresh parsley or chives on hand I also add a very tiny pinch of either of those too. Certainly not a deal breaker though.
2. Chorizo Egg Breakfast Quesadillas
These eggs work perfectly in a quesadilla too. At it’s most basic all you’ll need for a breakfast quesadilla is the eggs, tortilla wraps and cheese (Monterey Jack works great). You could also bulk them out with black beans, avocado etc.
Process Shots: add eggs to half a tortilla wrap (photo 1), top with cheese (photo 2), lightly oil and add to pan (photo 3), flip and fry until cheese goes gooey (photo 4).
For more tips and tricks on scrambled eggs check out my full post on How To Make The Best Scrambled Eggs! But in reality as long as you go low and slow you’ve got nothing to worry about 😋
For more similar recipes check out these beauties too:
Recipes using Chorizo
- Chicken and Chorizo Pasta
- Chorizo Sausage Rolls
- Sausage, Chorizo and Bean Casserole
- Homemade Spicy Baked Beans
- Breakfast Burritos with Chorizo Baked Beans
Alrighty, let’s tuck into the full recipe for this chorizo scrambled egg shall we?!
How to make Chorizo Scrambled Eggs (Full Recipe & Video)
Chorizo Scrambled Eggs
- Medium/Large Frying Pan & Wooden Spoon
- Jug (to beat eggs)
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
Ingredients (check list):
- 5 large Eggs, beaten
- 3oz / 85g Chorizo, sliced into rounds then quartered
- 1 small/medium Onion, finely diced
- 1 Mild Red Chilli, deseeded & finely diced
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 pinches of Smoked Paprika, to serve
- pinch of Salt, or to taste
- In a pan over medium heat melt in your butter, then add onion and chilli. Fry until they begin to brown and soften, then add in your chorizo. Continue frying for another 1-2mins, then turn down the heat as low as it'll go.
- Once the oil has completely stopped sizzling, pour in your beaten eggs. Give them an initial stir with a spatula to keep the egg from catching on the pan. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Keep gently stirring the eggs over very low heat until small curds start to form. At this point stir in a circular motion to form larger curds. Once the eggs start turning from a watery consistency to a thicker, custardy texture with curds forming, take it off the heat. This process should take between 10-15mins. Don't be tempted to crank up the heat - low and slow wins the race in this case.
- Finish with a couple of pinches of smoked paprika and serve up! (serving suggestions in notes).
Quick 1 min demo!
Your Private Notes:
If you loved this Chorizo Scrambled Eggs Recipe then be sure to Pin it for later! Already made it or got a question? Give me a shout in the comments and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!