Stuffed Avocado with Prawns and Mango Salsa
'The flavours in these Stuffed Avocado with Prawns and Mango Salsa are heavenly. The perfect low carb lunch which is SO quick and easy to whip up.'
Prep Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 2 large Avocados halved & destoned
- 12 Prawns cooked/thawed as necessary
- 3-4 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 Fresh Mango destoned & finely diced
- 1 Red Onion finely diced
- 1 Red Chilli deseeded & finely diced
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander finely diced
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Good drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
Before you get started on chopping your ingredients, pop your Prawns and Sweet Chilli Sauce in a bowl, coat well and leave to marinate whilst preparing the salsa.
Carefully scoop out some of the Avocado from the pitted area, finely dice and combine in a bowl with your Mango, Onion, Chilli, Coriander, Lime Juice, Olive Oil and Seasoning.
Season the Avocado left in the skin.
Scoop back the salsa in to your Avocado skins and top with 3 Prawns per Avocado half.
a) Aim to get slightly firmer Avocados and Mango than your usual. This will help hold shape and ensure the salad doesn't turn mushy when combined.
b) If you like a little less heat to replace the Red Chilli with Capsicum.
c) Any leftover Mango Salsa goes perfectly with hotdogs, burgers, salmon or simply as a dip with Tortilla Chips.