Deviled Egg Pasta Salad
This deviled egg pasta salad is loaded with so many goodies. It's also so quick and easy to make! | www.dontgobaconmyheart.co.uk
Cost: £1.50 / $2
Medium Pot with Lid (for eggs)
Medium Pot & Colander (for pasta)
Small Mixing Bowl & Spatula (for dressing)
Large Mixing Bowl & Salad Tossers
Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
- 1 cup / 240g Full Fat Mayo
- 1/4 cup / 60g Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Dill Pickle Juice
- 1/2 tsp EACH: Sugar, Salt, Hot Sauce (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- 9oz / 250g Dried Macaroni
- 8 Hard Boiled Eggs, diced (see notes)
- 1/3 cup / 4-5 rashers Bacon, cooked, cooled & chopped
- 1/3 cup / 4-5 small Dill Pickles, finely diced (Gherkins in UK)
- 1/3 cup / 1 large stalk Celery, finely diced
- 1/3 cup / 1 small Red Onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp Chives, finely diced
- few pinches of Smoked Paprika, to serve
Pasta: Pop your pasta in salted boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water until completely cold. Ensure you've shook out all the water, then place in a large mixing bowl.
Dressing: In a small mixing bowl combine mayo, sour cream, dijon mustard, pickle juice, sugar, salt, white pepper and hot sauce. Taste test for seasoning then adjust accordingly.
Pasta Salad: To the large mixing bowl of pasta add hard boiled egg, bacon, celery, red onion, chives and pickles. Pour in the dressing and use salad tossers to mix everything.
Serve: Sprinkle over a few pinches of smoked paprika. Tightly cover and store in the fridge or serve up right away!
a) Hard Boiled Eggs - I know everyone has their own method of boiled eggs, but here's what I do:
b) Quantities - Feel free to increase any of your favourite fillings (i.e the bacon). This is just what I recommend. Everything is equal quantities in 1/3 cups measurements too.
c) Make Ahead - This will store for comfortably for 3 days tightly stored in the fridge. It will dry out every so slightly, so consider stirring through another dollop of mayo just before serving.
d) Calories - one serving (8 in total).
- Place eggs in a pot and cover with cold water (make sure every part of all the eggs is comfortably covered).
- Turn on high heat and leave until the you reach a rolling boil. Once the eggs start dancing, immediately turn off the heat, pop on a lid and leave on the hob for 10mins.
- After 10 mins, spoon eggs into a bowl of ice (or very cold) water (this is to stop the cooking process).
- Peel and dice eggs to desired texture for egg mayo.
Calories: 462kcal | Carbohydrates: 26.73g | Protein: 13.14g | Fat: 33.15g | Saturated Fat: 5.561g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 13.558g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7.183g | Trans Fat: 0.053g | Cholesterol: 205mg | Sodium: 547mg | Potassium: 257mg | Fiber: 1.4g | Sugar: 2.1g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1.25mg