Four Cheese Pasta
This four cheese pasta is luxuriously smooth and silky, ultra cheesy and utterly delicious. Better still, it only takes 15mins to make!
Cost: £2 / $2.50
- 14oz / 400g Mezzi Rigatoni (or other short cut pasta)
- 1/2 cup / 125ml Milk
- 1/2 cup / 125ml Heavy/Double Cream
- 3oz / 80g Taleggio, diced into cubes (see notes)
- 1.75oz / 50g Gorgonzola, diced into cubes
- 1/2 cup / 50g Gruyere, grated
- 1/2 cup / 40g Parmigiano Reggiano, finely grated
- 1/4 tsp EACH Nutmeg, White (or black) Pepper, Salt (or to taste)
Pop your pasta in heavily salted boiling water and cook until al dente. Just before draining, retain a cup of starchy pasta water.
In a large deep pan over low-medium heat stir together milk and cream until combined. Add in your Taleggio and Gorgonzola cubes and gently stir until melted. Continue stirring until the sauce begins to thicken.
Add in your Gruyere and Parmigiano and stir until fully blended. Season the sauce with nutmeg, salt and pepper (to taste).
Add in your pasta and stir to combine. The sauce should be light, silky and attach nicely to the pasta. If you over reduce the sauce, use your starchy pasta water to thin out as needed. If your sauce is still too thin, just keep it on a gentle simmer and stir until it coats the pasta.
Serve and enjoy!
a) Low Heat - you want to keep the heat on a low-medium, no higher. If at all the sauce starts rapidly bubbling just turn down the heat. The sauce will thicken and come together, just make sure it's thickened before you add in the grated cheese.
b) Cheese Subs - You can sub different cheeses, I recommend keeping to similar textures and flavours though. Here's some similar options:
c) Can this be reheated? - I don't recommend reheating leftovers in the microwave, it'll dry up and go grainy. Just reheat on a low heat with a splash of milk in the pan to regain its sauciness.
d) Calories - based on using whole milk, no extra cheese to top and divided by 4.
- Taleggio - Fontina or Brie
- Gorgonzola - Any other mild blue cheese (even if you don't like blue cheese I recommend adding this, it's a small amount so quite mellow, but still packs a good amount of flavour)
- Gruyere - Comté
- Parmigiano Reggiano - Pecorino Romano or Parmesan
Calories: 695kcal | Carbohydrates: 83.18g | Protein: 23.38g | Fat: 31.09g | Saturated Fat: 18.038g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.058g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8.792g | Trans Fat: 0.159g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 764mg | Potassium: 451mg | Fiber: 10.9g | Sugar: 2.58g | Vitamin A: 1114IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 404mg | Iron: 1.17mg