Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad is the ULTIMATE summer pasta salad. So simple to make and absolutely bursting with flavour, after trying this recipe you won't make pasta salad any other way!
Cost: £1 / $1
Large Mixing/Serving Bowl & Spatula
Small Mixing Bowl (for dressing)
Frying Pan & Tongs (for chicken & bacon)
Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
- 9oz / 250g Short Cut Pasta
- 1 cup / 250ml Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup / 125ml Sour Cream
- handful of Fresh Parsley, finely diced (save some to garnish)
- good squeeze of Lemon Juice
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cooked, cooled & chopped
- 8 rashers of Bacon, cooked, cooled & chopped
- 1/2 cup / 50g Cheddar Cheese, cubed (or more to preference)
- 2 Spring/Green Onions, finely diced
- 1 rib of Celery, finely diced
Pop your pasta into salted boiling water and cook according to packet instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Meanwhile, combine your sauce ingredients in a bowl and taste test for seasoning.
In a large bowl, add your pasta and mix in your fillings and sauce. Cover and pop in the fridge or enjoy straight away!
a) Seasoned Chicken - Ensure that you heavily season your chicken before cooking. The chicken is a large chunk of the salad, so ensure it's well seasoned or it'll be bland.
b) Shredded/Rotisserie Chicken - You can definitely sub shredded chicken instead of chopped. Leftover rotisserie chicken works perfectly for this recipe. Same as above, just make sure it's seasoned. About 2 cups will be fine.
c) Cold ingredients - It's important to make sure all your cooked ingredients (pasta, chicken and bacon) are completely cold before combining. If it's all warm, your cheese is gonna go soft, the sauce will turn greasy once it cools again and summer will be ruined forever. You've been warned ;)
d) Pepper - I like a good amount of pepper in the pasta salad as a nice kick of spice to balance of the richness of everything. Something to think about when taste testing.
e) Make Ahead - You can absolutely make this ahead of time! Just tightly cover and store in the fridge until needed (2-3 days, longer at your discretion). The sauce will thin slightly, I usually save a dollop and stir through just before serving so it's nice and creamy.
f) Subs & Extras:
g) Calories - Shared between 8 people.
- Spring Onion - Sub for very finely diced red onion, work to preference. Chives also work great in this recipe.
- Lemon Juice - Sub for Apple Cider Vinegar or White Wine Vinegar.
- Dijon Mustard - in the dressing for an extra kick, won't need more than 1-2 tsp.
- Baby Plum Tomatoes
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.8g | Protein: 17.8g | Fat: 21.7g | Saturated Fat: 4.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 10.7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 586mg | Potassium: 237mg | Fiber: 1.4g | Sugar: 1.7g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1.4mg