Pizza Pasta Salad
This Pasta Salad is wrapped in a Homemade Italian Dressing and loaded with all the best Pizza Toppings!
Cost: £2.50 / $3
Pizza Pasta Salad
- 12.3oz / 350g Penne Pasta, or other short cut pasta
- 3.5oz / 100g Pepperoni, sliced
- 20 Mini Mozzarella Balls (see notes for subs)
- 1 cup / 100g Baby Plum Tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup / 50g Black Olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup / 40g freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 small Peppers (one red, one green)
- 1 handful Fresh Basil, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup / 120ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup / 60ml Red Wine Vinegar (can sub White Wine Vinegar)
- 1 tsp EACH: Dried Oregano, Sugar
- 1/2 tsp EACH: Dried Parsley, Garlic Powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp EACH: Salt, Black Pepper, Chilli Flakes (or to taste)
Pop your pasta in salted boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water until completely cold. Ensure you've shook out all the water, then place in a large mixing bowl.
To make the marinade, combine extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, sugar, parsley, garlic powder, salt, pepper and chilli flakes. I recommend doing this in a jar as shaking it will help emulsify everything. You could however combine in a small bowl and vigorously whisk until combined.
Add into your cold pasta pepperoni, mozzarella, olives, peppers, tomatoes, fresh basil, parmesan and the dressing.
Toss to combine then serve up!
a) Mozzarella - If you can't find cherry mozzarella then tear up 4.4oz / 125g fresh mozzarella.
b) Basil - Fresh basil really works here, especially with the 'pizza' theme, but if you don't have fresh basil you can sub 1 tsp dried into the dressing.
c) Make Ahead - This is great for 2-3days covered in the fridge (longer at your discretion), just give it a toss before serving as the dressing may collect at the bottom.
d) Calories - the whole thing divided by 6 people.
Calories: 576kcal | Carbohydrates: 51.31g | Protein: 15.6g | Fat: 34.84g | Saturated Fat: 9.653g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 12.002g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10.143g | Trans Fat: 0.44g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 807mg | Potassium: 347mg | Fiber: 7.5g | Sugar: 2.44g | Vitamin A: 1309IU | Vitamin C: 34.3mg | Calcium: 198mg | Iron: 1.54mg