Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
This Sun Dried Tomato Pesto is absolutely bursting with flavour. Better still, it couldn't be easier to make!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 2 cups
- 1.5 cups / 180g Sun Dried Tomatoes (use jarred ones, more flavour)
- 1 packed cup / large handful Fresh Basil
- 1/2 cup / 35g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1/4 cup / 4 tbsp Pine nuts, toasted if desired
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup / 80 - 125ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil, or as needed
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, or to taste
Add all of your ingredients apart from the olive oil and turn on the motor.
Slowly pour in your olive oil until desired texture.
Taste test for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 1 week (see notes)
a) How to store pesto - Pop it in an airtight container with a layer of olive oil over. This will last in the fridge for up to 1 week (longer at your discretion). Each time you use it, pop another layer of olive oil over it. This will stop the pesto from oxidising.
b) Calories - based on 1/4 cup of pesto, using 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.62g | Protein: 2.87g | Fat: 16.19g | Saturated Fat: 1.991g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.339g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9.803g | Trans Fat: 0.006g | Sodium: 229mg | Potassium: 512mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5.29g | Vitamin A: 700IU | Vitamin C: 5.1mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1.8mg