Shredded Buffalo Chicken Wraps
These Shredded Buffalo Chicken Wraps are the ultimate no-fuss lunch. They're also a perfect opportunity to use up some leftovers you've got knocking about in the fridge. Made with a homemade buffalo sauce, these wraps couldn't be any more delicious if they tried!!
Cost: £2 / $2.50
- 2 packed cups (~300g) Cooked Shredded Chicken (see notes)
- 1/2 cup / 125ml Buffalo Sauce, or as needed (see notes)
- 4x 10" Flour Tortilla Wraps
- 4 tbsp Blue Cheese Sauce
- 1 large Carrot, peeled & grated (squeeze out moisture if necessary)
- 1/4 of whole Iceberg Lettuce, finely shredded
- 1/4 of whole Red Cabbage, finely shredded
In a medium sized bowl, combine 2 packed cups (~300g) shredded chicken with 1/2cup/125ml buffalo sauce. I recommend working in the sauce bit by bit so it doesn't end up drowned. You most likely won't use all the sauce.
Lay out your wraps and in the bottom centre stack in this order: lettuce, carrot, cabbage, buffalo chicken, blue cheese sauce.
Fold over the bottom of the wrap to cover the filling. Fold in the sides and tightly roll into a mini burrito/wrap. Enjoy!
a) How to make Shredded Chicken - If you aren't using rotisserie chicken and only have raw breasts, have no fear. Here's how I make my own juicy shredded chicken:
- Season both sides of 2 chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat a little oil in a deep pan, fry each side of the chicken on high just to get some colour.
- Pour in enough water (or chicken stock) to cover the chicken, place a lid on top and poach on a simmer until the centre is no longer pink. The chicken temp should reach 165f/74c on a thermometer. Depending on size this should take between 8-12 minutes.
- Place in a bowl and with two forks, shred to desired texture.
b) Buffalo Sauce - Most supermarkets/grocery stores will sell Original Buffalo Sauce so feel free to use that if you aren't keen on making it homemade.
c) Hot or Cold - These wraps are delicious with hot or cold buffalo chicken. For a cold filling, simply allow the sauce to cool before adding it to the chicken. For hot, heat up the buffalo sauce in a pan and stir through the chicken to heat it through. You can also char the outside of the wrap on a griddle pan if you wish!
d) Sauciness - Personally I love my wraps drowned in both buffalo and blue cheese Sauce. However, to control the sauce content simply add the buffalo sauce little by little into the chicken and stop at desired texture. It's much easier to add more than take it out! At the same time feel free to alter the amount of blue cheese sauce too.
e) Calories - per wrap assuming all the sauce is used and shared between 4.
Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 43.54g | Protein: 28.51g | Fat: 18.05g | Saturated Fat: 5.28g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5.7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5.84g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 795mg | Potassium: 452mg | Fiber: 2.4g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 7150IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 2.9mg