English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich
These English Muffin Breakfast Sandwiches are super easy to make and insanely delicious. They require minimal ingredients and are made in one pan!
Servings: 2 sandwiches
Cost: £2.50 / $3
- 2 English Muffins, halved
- 4 slices of Bacon
- 4 Eggs
- 2 square slices of American/Processed Cheese, (see notes)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Hot Sauce, to preference (see notes)
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
Add bacon to a pan over low-medium heat and fry until crispy with the fat rendered. Important to keep it fairly low so you draw out as much of the fat as possible. Remove bacon, leave fat.
Increase heat to medium-high and place English muffin halves in the leftover fat and fry until crispy. Remove from pan.
Lower heat back down to a low-medium and melt in 1 tbsp butter. Spread it across the pan as best you can, then crack in 4 eggs. Use your spatula to separate the eggs into pairs then season with salt and pepper. It should look like two oval shapes. Cook until all egg white turns opaque (split egg yolks if you don't like sunny side up).
Place muffin halves over the eggs, then take a plate and gently rest over the top. Carefully flip the pan over so the egg muffins end up on the plate egg-side-up.
Add a slice of cheese to each of them, followed by 2 slices of bacon each and a good dousing of hot sauce. Fold over and enjoy!
- Bacon - Can sub the bacon with ham, just start from toasting the muffins in a knob of butter.
- English muffins - for regular rolls.
- Fried Eggs - with poached eggs or scrambled eggs (poached will need to be made separately, scrambled can make in the same pan).
- American style cheese - for any cheese you fancy (shredded or square). I just like them McMuffin style with the processed cheese!
- Hot Sauce - for ketchup, brown sauce or Sriracha.
c) Calories - per sandwich based on 1 tsp hot sauce per sandwich.
- Sliced or Smashed Avocado
- If you want to take things up a notch then stick a Hash Brown in there!
Calories: 573kcal | Carbohydrates: 29.12g | Protein: 26.47g | Fat: 39.19g | Saturated Fat: 8.482g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.533g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5.934g | Trans Fat: 0.226g | Cholesterol: 355mg | Sodium: 964mg | Potassium: 580mg | Fiber: 2.8g | Sugar: 3.25g | Vitamin A: 820IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 303mg | Iron: 3.57mg