Triple Cheese Stuffed Chicken Wrapped in Bacon is the ultimate chicken dinner. Baked in a BBQ glaze, this stuffed chicken recipe couldn’t be more of a treat if it tried!
I know, I just can’t help myself. Is there any need for a cheese stuffed chicken breast wrapped in bacon? Absolutely not. Is it the most mouthwateringly delicious thing on the planet. Abso-freaking-lutely YES 🤤
Let’s just break this down real quick and show you what you’re gonna need..
Triple Cheese Stuffed Chicken Wrapped in Bacon Ingredients
- Chicken Breasts
- Streaky Bacon
- Cream Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- BBQ Sauce
I know, is there literally a more delicious combo of ingredients out there!?
You can really use any cheese you want to to be honest, but for me this combo works perfectly. You get that classic cheese pull effect with the mozzarella, a smooth creamy texture with the cream cheese and the back bone of the whole dish with a nice sharp cheddar.
How to make Triple Cheese Stuffed Chicken Wrapped in Bacon
- Combine your cheeses and garlic powder in a bowl. Place to one side.
- Slice a pocket in the side of your chicken breast. Go as deep as you can without slicing right through. Season all sides with salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Stuff in your cheese, wrap in bacon then fasten with toothpicks.
- Fry over high heat to crisp up the bacon, ensuring you sear all sides, then glaze with BBQ sauce and pop in the oven.
So why fry before you bake?
Good question – just baking it straight away won’t give you crispy bacon, especially because you’ve glazed it with BBQ sauce. By giving it a quick fry in the pan over high heat you’ll get a crispier finish, without the filling pouring out.
Tips for the best Chicken Wrapped in Bacon
- Use streaky bacon – it fits more ‘neatly’ round the breast and packs in more flavour due to having a higher fat ratio then regular bacon.
- Wrap tightly and secure with toothpicks, there’s nothing worse than your bacon unwrapping when it’s cooking!
- Like we just discussed, fry to crisp up the bacon before you glaze and bake
Tips for the best Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Use a variety of cheese with different textures – here I use cream cheese, cheddar and mozzarella.
- Although cheese is obviously quite flavoursome, be sure to season – here I use salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Keep the filling as cool as you can before you stuff it, this will decrease the chance of it warming too early and leaking out everywhere.
Voila! Dreamy creamy cheesy goodness pouring out of a bacon wrapped chicken breast. Does not get more delicious than that!
So, for your next chicken dinner be sure to spare a thought for this triple cheese stuffed chicken breast wrapped in bacon. You’re tastebuds are gonna LOVE you 😉
Join the foodie family! – Get awesome recipes sent straight to your inbox by signing up to my Weekly Mailing List (where you’ll receive your FREE ECOOKBOOK) and stay in touch on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! 🧡
How to make Triple Cheese Stuffed Chicken Wrapped in Bacon (Full Recipe & Video)
Triple Cheese Stuffed Chicken Wrapped in Bacon
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 16 rashers Streaky Bacon
- 150g / 5.3oz Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup / 75g Cheddar, grated
- 1/3 cup / 75g Mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup / 50g BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil, for frying
- 16 Toothpicks
- In a bowl, combine your cream cheese, cheddar, mozzarella, garlic powder and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place in the fridge until needed.
- Slice a pocket in the sides of each of your chicken breasts. Cut as far as you can without slicing right through, creating as much room as possible for the filling. Season all sides with a sprinkle of smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Evenly divide your filling and place in the pocket of each breast. Wrap in bacon then fasten the opening with 3-4 toothpicks.
- Fry over high heat for a few minutes to crisp the bacon, ensuring you sear all sides.
- Brush with BBQ sauce and bake in the oven at 200c/390f for 15mins, reglaze, then bake for another 5mins or until no longer pink.
Quick 1 min demo!
Looking for another easy stuffed chicken recipe? Look no further than my Antipasto Stuffed Chicken!