Looking for what to do with Leftover Turkey? Look no further than Turkey Thai Green Curry. Made by a Thai chef, simplified for leftovers!
Coming home for the holidays only ever suggests one thing: excessive overeating. As if I ever needed an excuse to overeat, I’m coming back to a family of foodies who cook for 30+ when there’s only ever no more than 6 of us. Not only does this mean I’m about to double in size by 2018, but realistically it also means there’s going to be a load of leftover turkey, because we insisted on buying one the size of a horse.
Meet On – the ringleader of the family enforcing the overeating, overspending and large turkey buying. All of which are forgiven by the annual leftover turkey Thai Green Curry she whips up on Boxing Day.
You know, you’re right. You totally could turn your leftover turkey into a sandwich, maybe even a leftover turkey casserole. Heck, why not make a leftover turkey pot pie!? But believe you me, once you turn leftover turkey into a curry you’ll never look back.
Now it took our dear On a little convincing to do this post for the pure reason it wasn’t going to end up being a truly authentic Thai green curry. Because really, who’s got the ingredients and time to make a Thai green curry paste from scratch the day after Christmas? Not me, no ma’am. However, a truly authentic Thai green curry recipe is hitting the site soon.
However, what we ended up with was a convenient version which doesn’t compromise flavour in the slightest. Here’s what what we’re working with.
Now the only ingredients you may not have in your fridge after Christmas would be the paste, basil and lime leaves. You’ll get Thai green curry paste in any food store. I have seen both the basil and lime leaves in my local supermarket before and they’ll certainly be in any asian grocery store. If you can get your hands on these then amazing, they’ll make all the difference.
If you’re reading this post thinking ‘crud, we ate all the turkey because we bought one we knew would get eaten’ then good on you. But don’t be discouraged, this recipe will work fantastic with any other fresh meat!
So for an added little spice this festive season be sure to give this foolproof Thai green curry a go. Leftover turkey or fresh meat, your guests are going to absolutely fall in love with this dish.
Join the foodie family! – Get awesome recipes sent straight to your inbox by signing up to my Weekly Mailing List (where you’ll receive your FREE ECOOKBOOK) and stay in touch on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! 🧡
How to make Leftover Turkey Thai Green Curry (Full Recipe & Video)
Leftover Turkey Thai Green Curry
Ingredients (check list):
- Leftover Turkey, cut to bite sized pieces - approx 2 cups/10.6oz (300g)
- 1/2 Aubergine (eggplant), cut to bite sized pieces
- 1 cup (250ml) Coconut Cream
- 1 cup (250ml) Chicken Stock
- 3 tbsp Thai Green Curry Paste
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 Bunch of Thai Basil, leaves only
- 4 Kaffir Lime Leaves, torn
- 1 Red Chilli, sliced (deseeded for less heat)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- Heat up your Oil over medium heat in a suitable sized pot until bubbling. Add your 3 tbsp of Green Curry Paste and gently stir. This is an important step to allow the paste to release it's flavours. (2-3 mins)
- Pour in half of your Coconut Cream, stir to fully mix, then add your Turkey, Chicken Stock and second half of Coconut Cream. Stir again to blend then allow to simmer. (5 mins)
- Pour in your Aubergine (eggplant), Sugar, Salt, Thai Basil, Lime Leaves, Salt and Chilli and allow to simmer until the Aubergine is fork tender and the sauce has thickened, stirring occasionally. (8-10 mins).
Quick 1 min demo!
Looking for more ways to use up leftovers? Check out my Cranberry Bacon Brie Grilled Cheese! Perfect for leftover cranberry sauce.