Pan Fried Salmon Fillets glazed in a Homemade Sriracha Honey Sauce – Quick meals don’t come more delicious than this!
This dish is perfect for a quick and light lunch. It won’t take you longer than 15mins to make and the FLAVOUR is going to bless your tastebuds. Promise. Follow me!
Honey Sriracha Sauce
This sauce truly couldn’t be easier to make. Just 4 ingredients! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Honey – Make sure it’s runny honey or it’ll clump in the pan.
- Soy Sauce – Light or All Purpose. This adds a mild salty flavour & deepens the sauce.
- Sriracha – Don’t sub other hot sauce brands, only Sriracha is suitable for this recipe.
- Lime Juice – The acidity will cut through the sweetness.
You can completely customise this sauce too, tweaking to preference after you’ve mixed it all. You can also make it in advance, cover and store until needed (just make sure it’s room temp when needed or it’ll be too thick).
Pan Fried Salmon
For this recipe we’ll be using skinless salmon fillets. Pan frying salmon is fairly stress free, but here’s some tips to keep you on track:
Tips for Pan Frying Salmon
- Room Temp – Like any meat, you’ll want the salmon out of the fridge at least 20mins before using, otherwise it’ll seize up and risk drying out in the pan.
- Non-Stick – Salmon is notorious for flaking apart in the pan, so ensure you are using a non-stick pan to avoid this!
- Butter – Basting the salmon in butter adds gorgeous flavour and keeps it moist.
- Heat – You’ll want the heat on a high-medium. This will ensure you get a nice golden crust without cooking the salmon right the way through.
The main thing when pan frying salmon is to work fairly quickly. It’s easy to take your eye off the pan and the next thing you know the salmon’s cooked through before you’ve basted in butter or added the sauce. Slightly undercooked salmon is a good thing in the first instance.
How to Pan Fry Salmon (quick summary)
- Take salmon out of fridge 20mins beforehand.
- Coat in seasoning.
- Add to pan with oil over medium-high heat.
- Flip when golden.
- Add butter.
- Baste until almost cooked through.
From there it’s as easy as pouring in the sauce and spooning over the salmon.
Sriracha Honey Salmon FAQ
What to season the salmon with?
A hefty amount of salt and pepper is a given, but I also like to add garlic powder. Garlic goes gorgeously with soy sauce/sriracha/honey and salmon. If you don’t have garlic powder I recommend adding a clove to the sauce (fry in the butter).
Can I bake the salmon?
You can, but I highly recommend pan frying for this recipe. Gives you more control and you get more of a golden crust on the salmon (i.e more flavour). PLUS the butter is necessary for basting and for the sauce.
How to garnish the salmon?
The classic sliced spring onion and sesame seeds works perfectly here.
What to serve with this?
I usually go for rice and extra lime wedges, but noodles would work too.
And there we have it! All the tips I got for you on this one. Easy though right?
If you’re looking for another easy salmon recipe then definitely check out my Creamy Lemon Salmon and Creamy Salmon Pasta. If you’re looking for more pan fried fish then head over to my Pan Fried Cod. Also, if you like the sound of this sauce I know you’ll love my Honey Garlic Chicken (or Honey Garlic Pork Chops) and Hot Honey Butter Salmon!
For now, let’s tuck into this full honey sriracha salmon recipe shall we?!
How to make Honey Sriracha Salmon (Full Recipe & Video)
Honey Sriracha Salmon
- Large Non-Stick Frying Pan & Tongs
- Small Pot (for sauce)
- Spoon (for basting)
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
Ingredients (check list):
- 4x 7oz/200g Skinless Salmon Fillets (brought to room temp)
- 1/2 tsp each: Garlic Powder, Salt (plus more to season sauce if needed)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper (plus more to season sauce if needed)
- 1/4 cup / 70g Honey
- 2 tbsp / 1oz / 30g Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp Light/All Purpose Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice (save wedges to serve)
- Olive Oil, as needed
- Lime Wedges
- Sesame Seeds
- Spring/Green Onion, sliced
- In a small pot combine 1/4cup/70g honey and 1 tbsp sriracha, lime juice and soy sauce. Taste for seasoning/preference and adjust accordingly.
- Season both sides of your salmon fillets with 1/2 tsp garlic powder & salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Rub into skin.
- Heat up a drizzle of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Place in salmon up-side-down and fry for 3mins, or until golden. Carefully flip over and make space for butter.
- Drop in 2 tbsp butter and baste the salmon for 1-2mins, or until the other side starts to turn golden. By this point the salmon should be close to cooked through, but not fully. Just nice and golden on the outside. You can tell when the salmon starts to flake. Also look at the sides. If the salmon is cooked to your liking after basting in butter remove from pan.
- Pour in honey sriracha sauce and lower heat to a medium. The sauce will thicken fairly quickly, just spoon over salmon until it does and the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- Serve salmon fillets over rice, garnished with sesame seeds and spring onion and served with an extra squeeze of lime juice. Spoon over sauce and enjoy!
Quick 1 min demo!
Your Private Notes:
If you loved this Pan Fried Salmon Recipe then be sure to pin it for later! Already made them or got a question? Give me a shout in the comments below and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!