Forget everything you thought you new about nachos and welcome these insanely delicious Gnocchi Nachos into your life – The crazy nachos recipe you never knew you needed!
The Ultimate Nachos!
When I say these nachos are about to change your life, I truly mean it. I mean yeah, on paper gnocchi nachos might sound slightly, erm, bizarre? But it 100% works. Is there any need for gnocchi nachos? Absolutely not. Are we gonna stuff our faces with zero regrets anyway? Hell yes we are!
The reason these gnocchi nachos work so well is because the gnocchi is toasted. You get that nice crispy layer between the meaty cheesy goodness, with the added pillow texture of the gnocchi for extra measure. Sweet Jesus I’m drooling all over again.
Just like my Crispy Gnocchi and Sausage Meatballs, you’ll need to remove the starch from the outside of the gnocchi before you fry it. You can either do this by boiling for 1 minute, or pop in hot/warm water for 15mins. Both of these methods will also slightly cook the gnocchi, which is what we want. Just until al dente.
How to make Gnocchi Nachos (quick summary)
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add gnocchi.
- Continue to fry, tossing and stirring frequently until golden and crispy.
- Remove from pan.
5. Heat a drizzle of oil, then add beef and fry until browned.
6. Add spices, stir in tomato puree, then add a splash of water.
7. Layer up gnocchi, then beef, then cheese and repeat. Bake in the oven.
8. Serve with classic nacho toppings!
What to serve with Gnocchi Nachos?
Can I use this recipe with Tortilla Chips?
You sure can! I mean, they won’t be as good as with golden crispy gnocchi, but each to their own 😉
Can I make these in advance?
One of the keys to these being so delicious is the golden crispy gnocchi. Unfortunately if you make it ahead they’ll go soft and chewy. This only takes just over 30mins to make, so I definitely recommend making fresh.
Can these be reheated?
Again, just like regular nachos, not a great idea. Hope you’re hungry 🙂
And there we have it! Crazy nachos are yours for the taking!
Hey, whilst you’re here why not check out my other recipes?
Easy Gnocchi Recipes
- Gnocchi Mac and Cheese
- Crispy Gnocchi with Sausage Meatballs
- Date Night Gnocchi with Bacon
- Ground Turkey Gnocchi
Easy Tex Mex Recipes
- BBQ Chicken Nachos (or No Bake Nachos, Irish Nachos & Chicken Fajita Nachos)
- Ground Beef Tacos
- Cheesy Ground Beef Quesadillas
- Breakfast Burritos with Chorizo Beans
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Alrighty, let’s tuck into these Gnoccos shall we?!
How to make Gnocchi Nachos (Full Recipe & Video)
Gnocchi Nachos (Gnocchos)
- 7" x 11" Deep Baking Tray (or similar size)
- 12" Skillet & Wooden Spoon
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
Ingredients (check list):
- 2lb / 1kg Gnocchi
- 1lb / 500g Ground Beef
- 3 cups / 300g Cheese (of choice)
- 1/2 cup / 125ml Water or Beef Stock (see notes)
- 3 tbsp Salted Butter
- 3 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree (Tomato Paste in US)
- Olive Oil, as needed
- Soak 2lb/1kg gnocchi in hot (not boiling) water for 15mins, swishing around with your hand every now and then OR boil in water for 1 min. This is just to remove the starch and cook the gnocchi a tiny bit. Drain when ready.
- Melt 3 tbsp butter in a pan over medium-high heat then add your gnocchi. Toss frequently and continue frying until golden and crispy all over. This could take up to 15mins. Work in two batches if your pan is not big enough.
- Remove from pan, reduce to medium heat then drizzle a splash of oil. Add 1lb/500g beef and break up with your wooden spoon. Fry until brown, then add in 3 tbsp taco seasoning. Stir in 1 tbsp tomato puree, then pour in a few splashes of water/beef stock. This is just to make the beef juicy (not saucy or dry). If you go overboard with the liquid just continue frying to reduce.
- Add half your gnocchi to a baking tray, top with half your beef, then half your cheese. Repeat, then bake at 200c/390f for 10mins or until the cheese is melted, golden and gooey.
- Serve with all your toppings, grab a fork and dig in!
Quick 1 min demo!
If you loved this Gnocchi Nachos recipe be sure to pin it for later! Already made it or got a burning question? Give me a shout in the comments and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!