These Easy Pan Fried Pork Chops with Peach Salsa really couldn’t be more quick to make. Although they make a fancy looking dinner, they’re SO easy to whip up in the comfort of your own home. The PERFECT date night dinner!
And that’s what’s so perfect about this dish. Restaurant style food made at a fraction of the cost, in the comfort of your pyjamas and a cheap glass of wine. Now if that doesn’t sound like a romantic dinner for two, I don’t know what does. I mean it certainly looks like one anyway.
I was actually inspired by this dish when I visited an Italian Masterclass at the Edinburgh Food of School and Wine (I know, who do I think I am these days). We were taught something similar to this and seriously it’s been my go-to date night dinner every since then.
You’d think my hubby would get bored but nope, it’s just THAT scrumptious.
But alongside this being my go-to dinner for two, it’s actually the peach salsa I get most use out of. Like, I pair this stuff with everything. Seriously, I’m yet to find something that doesn’t go well with the sweet, tangy and mildly spicy flavours in this salsa. And like most things on this blog, it’s so freakin’ easy to make!
How to make Peach Salsa in 3 simple steps
- Saute red onion & red chilli until soft
- Add in chopped peach and tomato and fry until soft.
- Stir in honey, apple cider vinegar, fresh thyme & coriander/cilantro and salt & pepper. Simmer until thickened.
That’s literally it. Delicious hot or cold, used as a dip or sauce. Personal favourite though of course smothered over some pan fried pork chops.
Top tips for perfect pan fried pork chops
- Room temperature – I find that cooking any meat straight from the fridge results in a chewy texture. Just like a cooking a steak, you don’t want the centre to be cold. After frying the pork chops the centre with just about be cooked, then the trick is to rest the meat and the leftover heat cooks the centre. This is much harder to do if the meat was cooked cold.
- Heavy pre seasoning – I use heaps of salt and black pepper, cover all surfaces of the meat and push in with my fingers to really get the seasoning in.
- High heat – Cooking on high heat will give a delicious caramelization on the outside, including that gorgeous streak of fat on the side on the chop.
- Rest the meat. For real, even if you ignore all my other tips, for heavens sake rest the meat for 5 minutes after you’ve cooked it. Not only will this finish off cooking the meat through the centre (cooking on high heat means the centre won’t quite be cooked) but it will also soak up the juices trying the escape the meat.
I know it’s hard to not eat whilst it’s sat there staring at you but trust me, it’ll be worth the wait. Ugh, just look at it!
And when you combine the pork chips with the peach salsa, it’s just a whole lot of happiness.
Pork lends itself to fruit (traditionally apples, cranberries etc) but for me, the power of the peach is all you need. A gorgeously succulent pork chop, topped with a sweet and tangy peach salsa. Did I say this was a dinner for two? Because I’m totally down for eating both right now.
So in your next quest to find an easy home cooked meal for two, give these easy pan fried pork chops with peach salsa a thought. You shall not regret! (recipe below).
How to make Easy Pan Fried Pork Chops with Peach Salsa (Full Recipe & Video)
Easy Pan Fried Pork Chops With Peach Salsa
Ingredients (check list):
- 2 8oz/250g Pork Chops
- Few small knobs of Butter
- 1 sprig Fresh Rosemary
- 1 sprig Fresh Thyme
- 2 cloves Garlic, lightly crushed (skins left on)
- generous amounts of Salt & Black Pepper
- Olive Oil for frying
- 2 Peaches, skinned & diced
- 2 Tomatoes, diced
- 1 small Red Onion, finely diced
- 1 Red Chilli, deseeded & finely diced
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Coriander/Cilantro, finely diced
- 1 sprig Fresh Thyme
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil for frying
- Take them out of the fridge at least 10 minutes before hand, to bring up to room temp.
- Season all sides of each chop with a generous helping of Salt & Pepper. Rub in and push down with your fingers to really get the seasoning into the meat.
- Heat up a good glug Olive Oil (1-2 tsp) over high heat. Place both chops in and fry for 3-4 minutes or until a deep brown colour.
- Flip over and place in your Butter, Rosemary, Garlic & Thyme. Slightly tilt the pan towards you, making sure it stays clear of the flame, and with a spoon continually pour the melted butter over your pork chops. Again, fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Grab both chops with a pair of tongs and place them fat side down and sear for a minute or so until caramelized.
- Take chops out and rest on a flat surface for a minimum of 4 minutes and maximum of 8 minutes.
- Heat up a little oil in a pan and sauté your Onions & Chilli until soft. Add in your Peach and Tomato, stir, then add your Vinegar, Honey, Thyme, Salt & Pepper.
- Simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove sprig of Thyme, add Coriander/Cilantro and serve.
Quick 1 min demo!
Your Private Notes:
For more similar recipes check out these beauties:
Pork Chop Recipes
- Pork Chops and Garlic Sauce
- Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- Pork Chops with Blue Cheese and Apple
- Pork Schnitzels
- French Onion Pork Chops
- Creamy Lemon Thyme Pork Chops
If you loved this Easy Pan Fried Pork Chops Recipe then be sure to Pin it for later! Made it already or got a question? Give me a shout in the comments and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!