This Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta is super quick and seriously delicious. The perfect meal to add to your family rotation dinners!
I’m all about a quick and easy dinner these days. Don’t get me wrong, sometimes I’m up for a kitchen marathon to make a fancy dinner, but usually I’m more up for a 15min or less kinda deal. Creamy roasted red pepper pasta embodies everything a quick family dinner should be. Simple to make and packed with flavour. Let’s go!
As a regular midweek appearance, it’s important to me that this recipe is convenient.
Therefore, I’ve kept the ingredient list short but sweet.
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Ingredients List
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Pasta of choice
- Smoked Paprika
- Fresh Parsley
Just 9 ingredients!
*victory dances all the way to the kitchen then questions if 9 is actually that good or not*
When I first developed this recipe I was working towards a 5-ingredient kinda deal, but I knew something was missing.
I’ve seen a few recipes similar to this and none of them use smoked paprika. For me, smoked paprika is what takes this recipe to new levels. The way that smokey twang enhances the roasted char from the peppers is almost too much to bare.
I’m also a big fan of using garlic in this recipe.
Cream and garlic is already a match made in heaven, but when combined with parsley, parmesan and butter it just makes so much sense. Sure, 5-ingredient pasta has more of a ring to it, but every ingredient in this recipe is adding something special to the dish which results in something truly quite special.
Roasted Red Peppers
These bad boys make the world go round. Seriously.
I actually use jarred roasted red peppers for this recipe for 2 reasons:
- Convenience – I’ve really tried to make this as week-night friendly as possible and roasted red peppers from the jar are key.
- Brine – They usually come in a vingery kind of brine and although I don’t pour it in the sauce, what’s left on the peppers after I drain it away actually works nicely with the creamy sauce. The sauce itself is quite rich, so just a touch of acidity cuts through quite nicely.
Having said that, if you want to make your own roasted red peppers then it’s also pretty easy. Here’s how I make mine:
How to make Roasted Red Peppers
- Place your peppers next to the live flame on the hob.
- Rotate it every minute or so until all sides are completely charred.
- Place in a bowl with cling film over until completely cooled.
- Peel away skin.
Now, let’s talk roasted red pepper sauce.
How to make a sauce from Roasted Red Peppers
- Melt butter into a saucepan.
- Add onion and garlic, then fry until soft.
- Add in a food processor with roasted red peppers.
- Blitz until smooth.
That will give you a perfect canvas to work with. It’s tasty by itself, but pretty basic. In such case I like to add a few extra goodies to really get the party started.
Let’s welcome our good friends cream, parmesan, parsley and smoked paprika. Oh, and pasta.
What kind of pasta should I use?
For this recipe I recommend a long cut pasta. The way the sauce oozes in and out of the pasta is truly irresistible and has to be experienced. My personal favourite is linguine, but fettuccine, tagliatelle and spaghetti and work great.
How to make Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- Pour your roasted red pepper base sauce into a pan and bring to a simmer.
- Pour in cream and stir until completely blended.
- Add in parmesan, smoked paprika, parsley and seasoning.
- Stir through pasta.
And there we have it!
All in all this quick dinner is the perfect midweek meal to add some heartiness to the table. Thick and creamy yet vibrant and flavoursome, you’d be a fool to not get this foolproof dish a go.
Join the foodie family! – Get awesome recipes sent straight to your inbox by signing up to my Weekly Mailing List (where you’ll receive your FREE ECOOKBOOK) and stay in touch on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! 🧡
How to make Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta (Full Recipe & Video)
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- 16oz / 460g Jar of Roasted Red Peppers (See Note A)
- 12oz / 350g Long Cut Pasta (here I use Linguine)
- 1 cup / 250ml cup Heavy/Double Cream
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 medium-large White Onion, diced
- 2 small cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup / 50g cup (50g) Parmesan, finely grated (save some for serving)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Chilli Flakes, to preference (optional)
- Pop your pasta in salted boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, melt your butter in a saucepan and fry your onions until they soften. Add your garlic and fry for a minute or so longer, then place in a blender with your roasted red peppers. Pulse to a smooth consistency.
- Pour back into the pan and keep on a simmer. Add in your cream and stir until completely blended, then add your parmesan, parsley, smoked paprika and seasoning to taste.
- Drain pasta and toss through your sauce until completely coated. Serve with extra parmesan and parsley!
Quick 1 min demo!
After another super speedy pasta dinner? Be sure to pop over to the Sausage Pasta in a Sun Dried Tomato Mascarpone Sauce!