If you’ve never put Boursin cheese in your mashed potatoes you haven’t quite lived. These mashed potatoes are ultra creamy and bursting with flavour!
Boursin Cheese Mashed Potatoes
I know it was only last week I uploaded my Boursin Pasta, but I just couldn’t resist this 🤪 It was actually a follower on Instagram that suggested trying Boursin with mashed potatoes (thank you Joanne!) and my life changed on the spot. There’s no way I couldn’t!
Anywho, as you can imagine this recipe is fairly simple. But there are a few tips and tricks I suggest giving a go in order to take these potatoes to the next level.
The first thing I suggest doing right off the bat is boiling your potatoes in chicken stock. This will add a nice gentle background flavour to the spuds. The chicken flavour compliments the garlic and herbs in the Boursin insanely well. If you don’t have stock, water works just fine.
Process shots: add potatoes to pot (photo 1), pour in stock (photo 2), boil until knife tender (photo 3).
Making Boursin Mashed Potatoes
Once you’ve boiled the spuds just let them steam dry for a few mins, just so they don’t go sloppy when you mash them. The more they steam = the most moisture escapes = the less watery the mashed potatoes will be.
What can I add to Boursin Mashed Potatoes?
Alongside the potatoes and Boursin, I like butter and whole milk. You can add cream or half and half, but just go steady as the cheese already makes the potatoes quite rich.
Can I make these ahead of time?
These are best made fresh, but you can store in the fridge and reheat. I recommend bringing them to room temp then blitzing them in the microwave. Bringing them to room temp will help them reheat more evenly.
Process shots: drain potatoes (photo 1), add butter and Boursin and mash until smooth (photo 2), stir in seasoning and milk/cream (photo 3).
Serving Boursin Mashed Potatoes
For more recipes using Boursin check out my Boursin Chicken!
If you’re after more similar recipes check out these beauties too:
Mashed Potato Recipes
- Mustard Mash
- Cheesy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Butternut Squash Mash
- Roasted Garlic Sweet Potato Mash
Alrighty, let’s tuck into the full recipe for these Boursin Mashed Potatoes shall we?!
How to make Boursin Mashed Potatoes (Full Recipe & Video)
Boursin Mashed Potatoes
- Large Pot & Wooden Spoon
- Potatoes Masher
- Potato Peeler
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
Ingredients (check list):
- 2lb / 1kg White Potatoes, peeled & diced into large chunks (starchy potatoes like Maris Pipers/Russets work best)
- 4 cups / 1litre Chicken Stock, or enough to cover potatoes for boiling (can sub water)
- 1x 5oz/150g pack of Garlic & Fine Herb Boursin Cheese, roughly diced
- 1/2 cup / 120ml Whole Milk, Cream or Half & Half, warmed in microwave (see notes)
- 2 heaped tbsp Butter, at room temp or melted
- 1 tbsp Butter, melted (to serve)
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Add potatoes to a large pot and pour in enough chicken stock to cover the potatoes. Top up with water if needed. Stir in 1 tsp salt then bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are knife tender. Drain, don't rinse.
- Add Boursin cheese & butter and mash until smooth. Add salt & pepper to taste and gradually stir in milk/cream until desired texture.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle over melted butter to serve. Enjoy!
Quick 1 min demo!
Your Private Notes:
If you loved this Boursin recipe then be sure to Pin it for later! Already made it or got a question? Give me a shout in the comments and pick up your free ecookbook along the way!